COMAIR Training contract???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
back to the issue at hand...

the may bid results have the most junior lineholder as a guy i was in school. he finished ioe in nov so he has only been out on line six months. lots of guys junior to him are holding continuous duty lines, which pay pretty well and actually give you a lot of time off in cvg. this particuar guy is getting 15 days off in may, pretty good.

"You'll make a fine scab if your fellow pilots ever go on strike. No doubt you'll be one of the first to cross the line."

I seem to notice a lot of statements like this one regarding pilots that PFT'd. However, just last year a bunch of pilots that work for a former PFT company went on strike for 89 days and not one pilot crossed the line. This same pilot group was also heralded throughout the industry for it's incredible unity.

I'm against PFTing, but I fly with pilots everyday that made that choice. To a man they are professional, extremely competent, and all in all a great bunch of guys. I've never met anyone here at Comair that holds it against anyone else.

If I remember correctly, 2 pilots crossed the line at Comair and joined the SCAB list. Comair pilots (and more informed ALPA pilots) can correct me if I am wrong but I believe they were 2 retired Comair pilots that assisted in ferrying stranded aircraft. I guess the money was pretty good......:confused:

AWACOff,

You are correct in that two pilots did ferry airplanes for Comair during the strike. Neither was on the active pilot seniority list then or now. I believe they were both former Comair pilots that were past age 60. Neither PFT'd.

This is great, a goof like AA , gets a job and slams the rest of us. nice going.
No one really plans on staying at a regional, what is a regional anyway...
Airtran is as much as a regional as any.
No offense to Airtran by the way.
What is ´Comyair´anyway, you sound like a child.

I didn´t pay for training either, I have as much experience as you, but that is not the point, I can hold CRJ Capt, but I am frozen in the EMB'120 for now.

Upgrade has only been less than a year on the Brasilia, before the strike.

Take it easy, we are trying to keep our jobs and make a bettter place to work and consider those that have lost theirs.

Guam360 said:
This is great, a goof like AA , gets a job and slams the rest of us. nice going.
No one really plans on staying at a regional, what is a regional anyway...
Airtran is as much as a regional as any.
No offense to Airtran by the way.
What is ´Comyair´anyway, you sound like a child.

I didn´t pay for training either, I have as much experience as you, but that is not the point, I can hold CRJ Capt, but I am frozen in the EMB'120 for now.

Upgrade has only been less than a year on the Brasilia, before the strike.

Take it easy, we are trying to keep our jobs and make a bettter place to work and consider those that have lost theirs.

Ummm, Where to start? "Goof" uhh, I would say this makes you sound like a child and not me. "As much as experience as me", I doubt that a EMB 120 can compare to a previous I.O.E. 2 typed check airman at a commuter and a MD-80 f/o, but enough with the comparisons as we all know time doesn't matter, experience does and I think I have you beat there. As far as ComyAir, pay to play is concerned, take it easy Pal I didn't make it up, although I find it a funny line. I have friends at essentially all the Majors, UAL, CAL, LUV, etc. and when I needed help they had no problem is assisting me to attain my goals, being they were friends. Seeing how the economy is today I think it would be in your best interest to make friends on these web-sites, rather then find offense in the opinions one posts here. P.S. what is the GTW weight of the EMB 120? Take care

Model EMB-120 RT MGTOW- 25,353
Model EMB-120 ER MGTOW- 26,433

Of course this is assuming no weight restrictions. From what I have heard from captains that have moved on from Great Lakes, the Brasilia was the hardest type rating of the bunch. I'd say somebody who can safely manage a Brakillya must have most of the screws up top finger snug at a minimum. Anybody for "6 pack and a pound"?

"AirTran a regional . . . "??

Hey, whatever, pal. I guess it depends on your idea of what a regional is, but our 64 aircraft all weigh in well over 100,000 MTOW and all have well over 100 seats, in a two-class configuration. Name me one regional that has either one of those two?

Our pay for F/O's is about the same as Comair or ASA CAPT. pay, and I'll make over $100./hr by my third year. Good work rules, and a company-funded retirement that beats the hell out of any 401K.

If that meets your definition of a regional, hey, knock yourself out. I believe the correct definition is a National, and when we pass $1 Bil. we'll be a major.

No criticism to our hard-working regional brothers, we hire a lot of 'em!

Ok, beat me up...

AA, I have many friends at all the majors also, I made the comment to you from your opinion, that's all, I have alot of flight time but that is not the point, a EMB 120 weighs 25, 529 and a Shorts 3-60 -200 weighs 26, 553.

No big deal.

I have friends at AirTran, I tried to give an example of a region of flying, It just so happens that Airtran and Comair fly mostly east of the Mississippi, so in comparison it is similar flying, multiple legs days and many nights away from domicile. That's all, no offense intended, or degrading disrespect.

I know the pay is higher and the plane weighs more, but the flying is similar, that's all. Sorry.

For AA to jump and try to prove his worth, is another thing, then again, internet communication is hard to know exactly the writers demeaner.

I have friends at big places trying and willing to help me, I have and always will help a beginner or someone down on their luck, ie. furlough.
Take it easy, this thing is just for rumor and simple dialogue between brothers and sisters.

Comair does have a company funded retirement plan comparable to SWA thanks to our strike.

The concept of regional comes from pre- 1978, weight of aircraft wasn't part of the regulation.

fly safe!

No offense to anyone!

Hey AA do not get your panties in a pinch. I flew the J41 the DC9 and the S80. The S80 is by far the easiest plane to fly. I do not know about you but I can not tell if I weigh 150K at take-off or 24K. I do not agree with the people who paid for training either. I will never put them down though. Who knows if I had 10k sitting around while I was flying charter maybe I would have done it. Go to your nearest bar and tell everyone how cool you are. A pilot is just a pilot. Some just think they are better. By the way if you must compare pilots the DC9 is the only plane that will make you a real man.:p

Latest resources

Back