Comair to XJ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snap145

How many of you unfortunate Comair folks are taking the pref interview and job at Mesaba? Just curious...good luck to all of you whatever road you choose....

Some aren't getting the interview. Not so sure it's preferential.

Why would one want to leave a regional controlled by DAL for another regional controlled by DAL?

Perhaps because they've been forced to leave one DAL regional through no fault of their own, and they're not qualified or connected enough to find something better.

And the other DAL Regional will be growing, adding bases, aircraft and routes while the other is losing (loosing for all you FI guys) them. Good move for anyone at Comair with 2 yrs seniority or less. If I were 1 yr or less at ASA, I would think that a look at Pinnacle or Mesaba would be a good idea, considering what looks like is coming at ASA.

And the other DAL Regional will be growing, adding bases, aircraft and routes while the other is losing (loosing for all you FI guys) them. Good move for anyone at Comair with 2 yrs seniority or less. If I were 1 yr or less at ASA, I would think that a look at Pinnacle or Mesaba would be a good idea, considering what looks like is coming at ASA.

The absolute worst thing possible- chase growth, from one regional to another. Just look at the folks that left ASA to go to SkyWest. Look how many times we thought ASA was in the crapper a year and a half ago- it's been on the ups and downs since I got here nearly five years ago.

You can't play chess with this stuff, and you certainly can't outguess the system. Things change so fast, so often, it's impossible. Just ride it out.

On another note- I'm deeply disappointed in ALPA for standing by and watching this happen. They should be fighting a hell of a lot harder to prevent one ALPA carrier (Mesaba) from growing at anothers (Comair) expense. Especially given that the two are wholy owneds.

From the sounds of it Class dates for Mesaba are already into March and close to April. I've read they plan to hire through April or May so leaving Comair and getting hired there at this point probably just leaves you on the bottom of their list as well. I'll likely be fuloughed in the next couple waves, along with 300+ others who are already, and have been offered an interview at Mesaba. While I'd be grateful to get the job I think it will just put you at the bottom, facing long reserve times and long upgrades, especially should Delta furlough.

How many of you unfortunate Comair folks are taking the pref interview and job at Mesaba? Just curious...good luck to all of you whatever road you choose....

"Pref interview", that's a good one! I know guys at Comair that got the 'no thanks' email before even getting a chance to interview.

On another note- I'm deeply disappointed in ALPA for standing by and watching this happen. They should be fighting a hell of a lot harder to prevent one ALPA carrier (Mesaba) from growing at anothers (Comair) expense. Especially given that the two are wholy owneds.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that it stinks that one ALPA carrier is growing at the expense of another ALPA carrier. This is good for no pilot. However, what can ALPA, at this stage of the game, do about it? A little foresight, a long time ago, could have changed this situation, but at the present, I just don't see that there is much that ALPA can do about it.

I definitely don't see the Delta guys sticking up for the Comair guys. The Northwest guys won't stick up for the Comair guys. It would be nice to see some leadership from Herndon on this issue, but right now, I think this particular plate is full. The political reality of this situation is that the Comair guys are on their own.

Changing gears; I really don't think that leaving one regional for another is a great idea. If it were a situation where I get furloughed from ASA and am allowed to keep my ASA number when I go somewhere else, maybe. It would beat being out of a job.

Latest resources

Back