• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to receive first 70-seater.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our list is senior now, we only have one plane coming next week, our list will definetly look like ASA's, the 70 is a dead end plane.

I am in CRJ class now and a new hire class one week behind us just filled a FO/70 seat bid, they were all junior assigned to it, it is happening already.

Just watch the next couple of 70 seat bids that have capt bids on it, no Capt in their right mind would bid for a reserve seat on purpose, with the first 20 captains( seniority numbers 1-20 ) when they could hold 90 hours lines and $400 per diem.

My bet is pilots like me that are so junior will be junior assigned to it.

Guam360 said:
My bet is pilots like me that are so junior will be junior assigned to it.

It hasn't gotten that bad at ASA yet, but the November preliminary award has D.O.H. 7/00 holding CRJ700 Capt.

It hasn't gotten that bad at ASA yet, but the November preliminary award has D.O.H. 7/00 holding CRJ700 Capt.

Oh its gotten that bad at Comair. Trust me, I was jr. manned.

Guam,

nobody is eligible for jr. man who had a hire date after March 13th. The pilots who just finished IOE were not elibible at the opening of the bid (last week) which means they are jr. manning pilots above me. (Talk about a real kick in the pants).

Also folks, don't forget that many people have 50% or 25% bids in so that when they get to be the top 50 or 25% on the list, they would go to the 70 seater. That means the more they jr. man, the more pilots will meet the criteria, and the lower we go on a larger list.

No overnights for a month, and reserve for an indefinite time. Sure you get paid more, but you work less so it doesn't work out to our favor (about $50 less a month on 70 seat reserve than 50 seat line)

oooppps, I forgot all about IOE and all that, but anyway, I guess they are taking the most junior qualified.

we'll see what happens to the Captain side, should be interesting.

A real senior friend of mine in 70 transition seems to think some senior pilots will still bid for this most recent bid, I think one closes on the 30th of this month.

guam...i've grown so fond of cincitucky i think i'll bid the 70-seater so i can be on reserve and stay around here some more...

where is surplus? did he finally disappear?

Yea, I love this place, I think I'll bid too just so I can watch the leaves change or some goofing sh*t like that.

Since I exposed Surplus1 as a fake, not actually being a Capt. here at Comair , I think he is making outrageous comments somewhere else.

First 70-seater arrived Sept. 26.

New-hire classes are scheduled for Oct. 14 & 21. Haven't seen anything official beyond that. Don't know how large the class sizes will be.

Latest resources

Back