Comair to receive first 70-seater.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

V-1

A press release published on the company's employee website stated that the first 70-seater will arrive September 26. Scheduled service begins November first. Looking at the flight schedule, it appears they plan on having at least two or three by then. The 70's will replace 50's on existing routes.

Perhaps those displaced 50's will be used on all the new Reagan National flying that will begin in November.

I'd post the article, but it's a pdf file and I can't copy it. I haven't seen it published in the media yet.

It's good to see the airplanes finally arriving. A ray of light for those of you in the pool perhaps.

V-1

Hey, thanks for the info. All of us in the pool for ACA certainly apreciate any uplifting info. How do you think the new 70's will be manned, and where will they be based? Is there any validity of a base being opened in Salt Lake? Thanks again for the insights!

Re: V-1

PilotMonkey said:
Hey, thanks for the info. All of us in the pool for ACA certainly apreciate any uplifting info.

Umm...you do know he was talking about Comair not ACA, right?

The only place I've heard rumors of a SLC base is on this message board, not that that makes them true or false.

The 70's will have to be based in CVG until another base opens up. I'd reason if/when that happens, the majority of the 70's will stay in CVG for a while, since 90% of Comair's flying is from CVG.

That's just a guess based on simple statistics.

cities served

The new schedule, operated by Delta Connection carrier Comair, includes one round-trip CRJ700 flight each between Cincinnati and the cities of Albany, N.Y.; Bangor,Maine; Omaha, NE, Buffalo, N.Y. and Detroit.

do you have the payscales for CA and FO on the 70-seater??
I am going to stick it in Ornstein's face!

70-seat F.O.

yr. 1 - 21.75
yr. 2 - 38.13
yr. 3 - 39.29
yr. 4 - 40.52
yr. 5 - 41.77
yr. 6 - 43.07
yr. 7 - 44.40
yr. 8 - 45.77

70-seat Captain

yr. 1 - 61.63
yr. 5 - 69.62
yr. 10 - 82.56
yr. 15 - 96.13
yr. 18 - 105.04

Those are all numbers for pilots wages today, not increased over the life of the contract. An 18-yr. CA will earn 118.22/hr. in 2005.

I think the payscales for CA's with less than five years seniority are nothing more than a waste of ink. The most junior 70 seat Captain at this time has been with the company for over twelve years. Hopefully this will change as more aircraft arrive.

V-1 said:
I think the payscales for CA's with less than five years seniority are nothing more than a waste of ink. The most junior 70 seat Captain at this time has been with the company for over twelve years. Hopefully this will change as more aircraft arrive.

It certainly has at ASA. It's gone very junior lately.

The Captain's seat has gone junior? Why do you think that is? Is the schedule for the 70 that bad?

Our F.O. seats in the 70's are going to pilots all over the F.O. group. The bottom third of the list has only been here since the beginning of this year.

V-1 said:
The Captain's seat has gone junior? Why do you think that is? Is the schedule for the 70 that bad?

Our F.O. seats in the 70's are going to pilots all over the F.O. group. The bottom third of the list has only been here since the beginning of this year.

Both seats are going junior. Newhires in the FO seat, DOH of the juniormost Capt for the October awards is 10/99

I think the reason is many people don't want to spend several years moving backwards down the list as more senior guys bid over to it once they can hold a line. In many cases, a line holder in the -200 would actually lose money by going back to reserve on the -700.

Latest resources

Back