• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to officially furlough 300 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many aircraft does this equate to? My guess is about 30 at 9.5 pilots per plane. Sounds like about 1/2 of Delta's RJ parking goal/quota. Look's like Comair is eating what Delta wanted to cut by dumping Mesa and Pinnacle.

How many aircraft does this equate to? My guess is about 30 at 9.5 pilots per plane. Sounds like about 1/2 of Delta's RJ parking goal/quota. Look's like Comair is eating what Delta wanted to cut by dumping Mesa and Pinnacle.

Yet another of many contract violations at Comair.

The email was sent to your company email acct, accessible via "epic". Click on the "envelope" icon in the middle of the left side of the page (same user name and password as you use for epic) and you will find the email.

Come on, MATE! Do you think YOUR situation is anything different than the rest of the rich airline pilot in this country?

PtP

I know my situation is quite different from "the rest of the rich airline pilot" in this country. My concern is for those who are not so fortunate...I'll voice it by expecting the company and Delta to honor the commitment they agreed to that allowed Comair to exit bankruptcy just a little over a year ago.

my 4 day trip was modified and totally changed. i asked why and the scheduler said ohhh well we have no choice, we are understaffed. hmmmm

You never know how it will turn out. I have noticed that previous hiring and furloughing numbers never seem to come to what is projected.

When it's hiring time, they want to get the best applicants they can. By announcing big hiring plans, they can attract better candidates. By announcing big furlough plans, they may encourage some of the higher paid pilots to move on. And I can't say that I would blame them for that. If it was up to me, I might do the same thing.

Or, it could just be wishful thinking on my part.

well keep thinking like that, it make this whole thing not seem as bad. I hope my everyone including myself that you are correct

Latest resources

Back