• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to furlough 500??!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't understand why all these mainline pilots think it's every regional pilots dream to move up to a mainline. When I was with Comair, I was treated well, pay was decent, and I liked nearly everyone I met. I would have considered retiring there if some outside forces didn't come up. Hey General, those senior Comair pilots that you're refering to: did ya ever think that they act the way they do because they like their job and have no intent to become a mainline pilot? Whooooaaa....never thought of that, did ya?

Ad Infinitum

I was making reference to all the retards hashing out the same old argument while the industry crumbles around them.

Surplus vs. the Deltoids. General vs. the Bruised Egos of Comair.

It is all so moot I am amazed that anyone can find the enegry to babble the same old crap year in and year out.

~~~^~~~ said:
Actually, your average ol line pilot can beat up the Delta MEC. I refer you to the matter of Ford v. ALPA.

Fins:
Didn't know you had a sense of humor! How many of the rjdc's claims were thrown out??
And General, come up with some new material. The DOH lie is just, tired, old, stale, material. You are a bright guy - admit it - your MEC screwed up and still believes in an ALPA apartied to this day. The alternative proposed by Mr. Ford would have resulted in a more financially secure Delta and would have prevented any Delta pilots from being furloughed.

YGTBSM! ford's suit would benefit nobody but himself. But then again as a supporter of such a scumbag outfit it doesn't surprise me. How much in monetary damages were you guys looking for?? You are obviously frustrated in your career (as we all are) but your constant finger pointing (in your own words) is just, tired, old, stale material!

Remember in the the old days you went to work for SWA, FedEx to get expereince to go to a major. Now SWA and FedEx are the premier jobs. Pretty soon the bar will be lowered so much that USA Jet and Kalitta are looked at as the premier jobs. Only kidding LOL.

737 Pylt said:
Fins:
Didn't know you had a sense of humor! How many of the rjdc's claims were thrown out??

YGTBSM! ford's suit would benefit nobody but himself. But then again as a supporter of such a scumbag outfit it doesn't surprise me. How much in monetary damages were you guys looking for?? You are obviously frustrated in your career (as we all are) but your constant finger pointing (in your own words) is just, tired, old, stale material!

No kidding.

How laughable does the RJDC suit seem now. Talk about marginilized and irrelevant. I would love to see the smirk on the judge's face the next time they appear in front of him.

I would imagine that are a lot of the malcontents that are wishing they had the $$$ they had dumped into this rediculous attempt at a backdoor to a widebody job.

Should have put the money into a CD at the bank. At least they would have gotten a 3% return.

Puck Mugger said:
How laughable does the RJDC suit seem now. Talk about marginilized and irrelevant.
Dan Ford filed his lawsuit in time to protect the CY 96 scope which allowed airplanes up to 105 seats on the Delta Connection property. ASA had a few of them when I hired in.

The current battle is over the 100 seat airframes. I think Mr. Ford's suit is incredibly relevant. If Delta were to put 100 seat jets at mainline CA Ford might be able to throw down an injunction until his case is settled. (I don't know, and I'm not that close to the action)

and 737FO, if this were about money it would have already been settled. ALPA has money and is willing to do the kind of deal they did to get rid of the Jet America lawsuit. You are a good researcher, look up that case and look at our EVP's (things that make you go, "huh?") Capt. Ford was quoted as having said this was about changing the union's behavior and I believe him.

Besides, ALPA simply must do something to stop alter ego. Your proposed 100 seat rates should be enough to convince you of the need for a return to ALPA's core beliefs.

Last edited:
Fins,

Delta can do whatever it wants, give planes to whoever it wants right now. Even in Chap 11, Grinstein said that 100 seat market is for Delta, not DCI. Ford will then sue Grinstein to try to get what he wants next....

Bye Bye--General Lee

~~~^~~~ said:
If Delta were to put 100 seat jets at mainline CA Ford might be able to throw down an injunction until his case is settled. .

this statement just shows what fools you guys are. Even if Delta had scope allowing ASA or CMR to fly a 100 seat jet, there would be nothing preventing Delta from flying them at the mainline too.

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
Dan Ford filed his lawsuit in time to protect the CY 96 scope which allowed airplanes up to 105 seats on the Delta Connection property. ASA had a few of them when I hired in.

again, since you are trying to mislead people, Contract 96 did not allow 105 seat airplanes, which is to say it did not allow any 105 seat airplane. The BEA-146 was the only airplane allowed in Contract 96 and it was a very limited number and they were only allowed to be flown at ASA.....not CMR. So if Ford was trying to protect Contract 96 scope, he really had no standing since CMR was never allowed to operate a BAE-146, so what would he be trying to protect?

Latest resources

Back