Comair to furlough 500??!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
News next week

Fred said more information next week. He did not sound too positive in his messsage. Now that Delta is canceling flights to save money on fuel, the block hours must have been cut even more. I wonder how many now? 500+ Jack Goodner said in BK there will be no sale of CMR. Without the ability to seek other flying, or being purchased, CMR has no way to survive.

This may have been covered in the previous 130 posts, but can someone post approximately how deep 300, 400, or 500 furloughs would go DOH-wise?

Several people I've worked with have gone to Comair and I'm curious about how they would fare with the furloughs. And I'm curious where I would be had I gone there after interviewing in 2001.

shamrock said:
This may have been covered in the previous 130 posts, but can someone post approximately how deep 300, 400, or 500 furloughs would go DOH-wise?

Several people I've worked with have gone to Comair and I'm curious about how they would fare with the furloughs. And I'm curious where I would be had I gone there after interviewing in 2001.

We don't know yet all of the above is still speculation. Should know something next week. But of course we were supposed to know something today. All bets are off.

So for now I guess the rumor stands at about 400 pilots?

Anyone hearing anything different?

I definitely don't like the 500+ and no sale of Comair from Jack Goodner rumors...

Anyone hearing anything else about the Q400 or is that dead too now?

Jet

Last edited:
Todays message that said they have recieved MORE information about network changes which will affect the number of aircraft and employees affected in the system sure doesn't seem to soften the blow.

Sorry to hear things are going to hell at Comair. I was furloughed from Independence Air in Jan.05' so I know the feeling. The good thing was I immediately went to Air Wisconsin and since I was current and qualified in the CRJ they put me through the short course. It only took 3 1/2 weeks from indoc to the check ride. If any one's interested, get you reseme over there. They can't find enough pilots to fill their classes and attrition is running rampant due to the domicile changes. In the 8 months I've been there I've gone up over 130 in seniority and right now I'm sitting at 745 on the seniority list.

Good luck.
The Logolight

standaman said:
We don't know yet all of the above is still speculation. Should know something next week. But of course we were supposed to know something today. All bets are off.

I realize this is all speculation and nothing has happened yet but I was just curious where the cutoff would be if Comair did furlough 300, 500, whatever. 3 years with the company? 4 years? Again, I was just curious. I don't want to see anyone to get furloughed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back