Comair to fly DFW-ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whatever dude.

The brasilias are dead here and I'll be in Rj in 3 months, no, I would rather be somewhere else. Back in Guam where I am from, Malagu fu gaga'a, Sa Hafa'a?

that is the whole idea, Rj's open the market and bigger A/C move in, duhh.

so if Rj's continue to do that route...?? It is out of any pilot's control, the bean counters and Leo call the shots.

Si yi'ous mas'se

Perfect. Show me a few examples where the RJ's were pulled and the mainline took over the service.

All I've heard of RJ being referred to as Replacement Jet... and sadly, it appears to be just that.

777 DFW - ORD

Guys,

Just my 2 cents, the 777 is routed DFW - ORD because it comes in to DFW for scheduled mntc.

AAPvtPilot

One more thing

It should also be pointed out that AA runs 15 flights a day in the DFW-ORD market, and ONE of those is on a B777. The rest of the flights are on the MD80.

In my Mon-Fri job, I have two suppliers based in Chicago. For a time, we were making a few trips a month up to Chicago. From my consumer view which is strictly as a business traveler, put me on an AA MD80. Reasons: a bunch of flights per day (convenience) and more leg room. Only draw back is that parking on that side of DFW is terrible.

Delta/ASA will have to really undercut the price to compete due to AA market share. At $1,423 for a 3 day advance purchase round trip (ORD-DFW) ticket on AA, it shouldn't be hard to do.

"Show me a few examples where the RJ's were pulled and the mainline took over the service"

Well, we built up MSP-PVD and now it's a mainline route. We're about to pass MSP-JAX over to mainline too. It happens. It's supposed to happen. And I for one didn't take any one at mainline's job. If that were the case, NWA owes me some change. CHA-CHING!!!
Fly safe guys

Rook
600' AGL Autopilot on.
'WHEW!'

Freight Dog said:
Perfect. Show me a few examples where the RJ's were pulled and the mainline took over the service.

All I've heard of RJ being referred to as Replacement Jet... and sadly, it appears to be just that.

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

Freight Dog said:

Here's another:

ASA pioneered the route from ATL-MHT (Manchester, Nh). Once the route became profitable, Delta switched it to a mainline MD88. Now it's up to 3 Maddogs a day and no RJs.

Right now, we have many routes that are almost at the "critical mass" to justify a mainline aircraft. Examples include ATL-YOW (Ottawa, ON); ATL-PFN (Panama City, FL); ATL-ISP (Islip, NY).

Latest resources

Back