• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to cease operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pure economics, just another example of one regional undercutting another. The race to the bottom continues. Go Jet will get the flying cause they'll do it cheaper. They probably think it's a good day.

They probably won't get it as they don't have an 50's to trade for. My guess is Pinnacle with a 2 for 1 on their newly contracted 50's or Skywest or ASA at a 2 for 1 or maybe a 1 for 1 (if they're lucky).

Doubt that its "payback"

Look at the broader issues DAL has.

-SKW playing hard ball and not wanting to renegotiate their CPA's.

-9E in CH11 with a deal of 1-1 on 50's for 70's.

-SKW tying up the majority of the CR7's that 9E would have gotten to swap out 50's that would then replace OO's and EV's aging 50 fleet.

-Not enough 76 seat jets gotten to just do a 1:1 swap out with 9E.

The math does not work. They will either take the OH jets and use them to swap out with 9E and others, or are pulling down OH so that it is completely shuttered when they buy 9E. If that happens the CH11 CPA is effectively null and they can then pull down 9E as they see fit without worrying about SKW/EV's 70's for the swap out. They will then be able to swap the 9E 50's to SKW for the balance of their CPA. (one possibility)

The other is they are cleaning their balance sheet with good will write-offs before an acquisition.

The last, is that a possible acquisition my have their own wholly owned operation and DAL is preemptively dealing with any chance of a PID.

1/2 Billion in profit and paying $5.50 a gallon for gas, and you think this is just bidness? Payback pure and simple.

Except the guy making desision now wasn't around 11 years ago and guy managers like RA could care leess about something that's behind them even if the had been involved.

Whipsaw market subverting seniority.
And yes- a bit of payback- but competitive forces also- if any group gets too strong there's no motivation for delta to contract with them.
RIP comair- a lot of great pilots there-
The lesson, there is no security in any regional- not comair, not skywest, no gojets.
This is why I rant against outsourcing. This makes me sick guys- sorry

Sorry to hear guys/gals, whatever the reason may be. Best of luck to you all!!!

I'm sure Delta will offer preferential interviews to Comair pilots, right?

Right?

........is this thing on?

Anyone?

Buehler?

Latest resources

Back