• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to cease operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, Comair guys.. You were really trailblazers for us in the regional industry (wages, equipment, safety).. You've got a lot of top-notch folks there. Good luck going forward. And thanks for the Jumpseat a few times.

This sucks but as of December 16 (I think) all airlines will be pooping out the geezers so if someone wants to stay in this job there will be opportunity.

Just shows you never know in this business, we had guys leave us for Comair five years ago, they would be DC9 CA's now making about 100K/yr. Just like the guys who jumped from SWA in 2001 for the dream job at DAL. So much for an industry leading contract.

I have a hard time believing senior management at any Fortune 100 company making decisions valued at 10's of millions of dollars allow personal grudges to be a factor.. I think it's simply a bean-counter decision. Best of luck to all involved.

Believe it, Coke's decision to buy the bottler CCE was the result of a pi$$ing match between some Coke VP and the CCE president. Happens more than you would like to believe.

It has been 11 years and new mgmt, this might be different but it still happens.

Last edited:
The last, is that a possible acquisition my have their own wholly owned operation and DAL is preemptively dealing with any chance of a PID.

I doubt DAL MGT worries about a PID, it has zero bearing on MGT and can't force a integrated SLI.

Lots of moving parts in the regional world, DAL will ultimately get what they want with regards to aircraft swap outs.

Man, this just really sucks for the employees and families of the CMR group...

Safe landings, ladies and gents. :(

Lots of moving parts in the regional world, DAL will ultimately get what they want with regards to aircraft swap outs.

Sure would be nice if the Delta MEC would step up to the plate and help out these CMR pilots with preferential treatment for DAL jobs when hiring starts back up.....

Latest resources

Back