• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to cease operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I doubt DAL MGT worries about a PID, it has zero bearing on MGT and can't force a integrated SLI.

Lots of moving parts in the regional world, DAL will ultimately get what they want with regards to aircraft swap outs.

Quite true. A Domestic CS with a SKW branded operation also would have a negative impact on ALK's market cap, thus making them cheaper as well. More moving parts for ya.

Btw, I don't recall Altair ever being a code share partner with anyone, weren't they always an independent airline?

Dan:

Altair was an independent carrier with a number of code sharing agreements (as was/did Henson) for other carriers (but not Allegheny) but without the close ties and schedule coordination of the Allegheny Commuter partners. The important piece of the original Alleghney Commuter partnerships was not the paint but, rather, the schedule coordination for better passenger connections. Altair never had this benefit.

Back in the mid 1970s I flew with Ransome when Altair had Beech 99s and Nord 262s. Later, as the did not have the revenue stream of the Alleghney partnerships, Altair expnded to independent FL flying with F-28s and DC-9s. This did not work and they ceased operations in the early 1980s.

You are correct, following the Frakes mod Nord 262 (Mohawk M-298) crash in Clarksburg Alleghney got out of the turboprop business sending the remaining seven to Ransome and Penn Commuter.

Its always nice to speak with another DHC-7 guy. It was the most complex but fun aircraft I have flown and still miss it.

Bob

I was lucky enough to fly the Dash 7 at Henson and Hawaiian, your right what a fun airplane, especially going in and out of DCA. We probably crossed paths at that old DCA commuter terminal. In fact I did two stints at Henson, during the second one I was the f/o on the third and last plane to land before DCA shut down due to the crash of Palm 90. Then we spent the next 8 hours there watching the live coverage in the crew room. One of the crew members watching with us was an Air Florida FA. He had just gotten of that airplane and had worked with them inbound. Needless to say it was pretty heavy sitting there with him as the live coverage of the FA dangling from the rescue helicopter flashed on screen.
That story aside, I've got a lot of good memories from my Henson days. I do remember when I first started with Henson on the B 99, I envied you Ransome guys because you got to fly the Nord, looked like heavy iron to a B 99 driver!

Love the stories guys- always good perspective

Well I had all day in KIX and it was 90 degrees out, hence my story telling. Gotta love travelling with an iPad. I did find something out for the Comair guys that I think is worth a new string so everyone sees it. I'm sure once these strings get a certain length they lose people.

For the Comair folks

Hawaiian is in pretty much continual hiring mode for the foreseeable future (retirements and projected arrival of A/C over the next 3 years. We have embarked on selective international expansion that is working even better than they anticipated so by all accounts it will continue.
E-mail with my rep today and he confirmed that the MEC will request priority interviews for you guys. No promises yet but they were very receptive to giving the AQ and ATA guys priority under the same circumstances.
We had a change in the MEC Chair position and your chair had a hard time contacting us as a result. It's being rectified.
Gotta go or I would elaborate.
Good Luck guys

Awesome, Dan. Thank you for going out of your way to talk to your MEC about this. You're the man.

Awesome, Dan. Thank you for going out of your way to talk to your MEC about this. You're the man.

Have you refunded the Comair pilot's ALPA dues since the bankruptcy of 2006 and onwards? Get on it! ALPA hasn't done **** for these pilots for the past 6 years.

Latest resources

Back