• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to be sold to TSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The big question...Is this good or bad for Comair pilots and people. I say bad based on the leadership at TSA. The president doesn't think pilots are under paid or tired. If you forgot what he said google PBS "Flying Cheap". He is/was the president of the RAA. NOT GOOD. This man and his company are going to be just more bad news for the Comair people. I, for one thankfully won't be around to see it. Get out of this F%$k-up industry while you can!! Good luck to all Comair people, and the rest of you staying in this terrible industry.

They might buy Comair out of necessity for qualified Capt's. I can't imagine how well an airline will run with the capt core being brand new. You get Comair Capt's and you have a solid base on experience. Disgruntle, yes, but they wont be unsafe. Any airline in these days that needs street captains is an accident waiting to happen.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I think a more likely scenario would be to give the rest of the 700's to GoJet, the 900's to Skywest or Pinnacle, and ditch the 200's. Comair pilots would get preferential hiring. At this point there is no point in keeping comair, the group has atrophied so badly that they can never be a profitable operation.

I think a more likely scenario would be to give the rest of the 700's to GoJet, the 900's to Skywest or Pinnacle, and ditch the 200's. Comair pilots would get preferential hiring. At this point there is no point in keeping comair, the group has atrophied so badly that they can never be a profitable operation.

spoken like a true ****************************** bag .

That scenario is not legal anyway. That would be like saying that all of American's assets are being sold to US Airways and the American pilots will get preferential hiring.

If it happens to Comair....your next!

Maybe do a little research on the laws that came about as a result of your pilot group screwing the TWA guys out of jobs.

That scenario is not legal anyway. That would be like saying that all of American's assets are being sold to US Airways and the American pilots will get preferential hiring.

If it happens to Comair....your next!

Maybe do a little research on the laws that came about as a result of your pilot group screwing the TWA guys out of jobs.

It is complety legal and has been happening like this at comair for the last 10 years. When I got hired delta moved 14(i think) 700's to ASA/Skywest and no pilots went with them. Those same 700's are now leaving ASA/Skywest for GoJets. Planes have been transfered between DCI carriers for years without pilots going with them.

It is complety legal and has been happening like this at comair for the last 10 years. When I got hired delta moved 14(i think) 700's to ASA/Skywest and no pilots went with them. Those same 700's are now leaving ASA/Skywest for GoJets. Planes have been transfered between DCI carriers for years without pilots going with them.

In addition to this, last year Pinnacle, Asa, and Mesaba got Comair aircraft to use as spares.

These weren't aircraft that were in the desert, these were aircraft on Comair property.

People seem to be delusional over at OH that aircraft can't be transferred without pilots. It has happened twice.

glad there is a thing called collective bargaining and we are all under one union.....except Go jets I think (oh and SKywest).

The big question...Is this good or bad for Comair pilots and people.

I'd say about anything is better than being owned by Delta.

Latest resources

Back