Comair Street Captains???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

emb1452002

Can anyone verify the rumor I heard about Comair planning on hiring Jet CA's in fall? If so, what will the hour requirements be? I heard 500 jet hours etc... PIC 121???
Thanks for info (displaced Eagle CA here in need of rebound).

How's this for 'confirming' your rumor?

Comair Pilot Agreement, Section 23 P (1): "New hire pilots will only fill first officer positions."

That's the entire text of that paragraph. Not much wiggle room there for management. I wouldn't hold your breath on Comair hiring street captains.

go to the back of the line

Why would Comair need street Captains ? If you want to work here get in line, we still have guys/gals offered jobs back in Feb waiting to start training.

Comair also requires 500 with the company to upgrade to Captain. If they'd drop that, there'd be many candidates hired since November who'd become instantly qualified.

Best wishes at Eagle. Check with Pinnacle (NW Airlink) or Mesa. I think they might be more likely to hire street captains.

Pinnacle hired its last street Cpatin about a year ago, no plans for anymore newhires off the street. With the retirement of the Saabs this fall, there won't be another big need for Captains for a number of months.

Latest resources

Back