• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair scheduling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because we have 300 people furloughed making zero dollars.

I mean maybe it's just me, but it shows a lack of class to pick up open time while your colleagues are laid off. Those same people would probably stab you in the back whenever it benefits them.

I'd love to be still flying. I got kicked out on Nov 5th with the second half. In a weird way, I hope OH is having to cancel flights because of the staffing situation. Hopefully the folks that are left are using the SK time and fatigue calls... especially those reserves with 90+ hour lines because management wants to run thin. Good luck to all those left and dont forget your brothers on the street.

I think that Comair should pay double time for holidays, the day before and the day after.

Think about it: a lot of people would be eager to fly those days, and the rest can be at home with their families. And, as an extra special benefit, there wouldn't be many sick calls those days.

I know, we are all professionals and shouldn't need to be bribed to do the right thing. That is correct. But human nature is human nature, and I'm willing to bet that there will be a lot of sore throats and colds around December 24th. Just like last year and the year before that.

Holiday pay will never happen. The company would rather lose millions than pay one dime in incentive pay (unless it was to a member of management.)

wmuflyguy,

I appreciate your trying to help our guys on the street. I will help them any way I can also. I think that trying to help is a stand-up thing to do. And the pilots who could care less about our furloughs are a bunch of selfish a@@*!s who think that they are immune from misfortune. That being said, I still don't think it can make any difference whether you pick up open time or not. It is akin to taxiing around with the logo light off. It makes you feel better and that is about it. We still have 1200 some pilots, they are going to snag some yahoo who picks up his phone by accident or someone who is about to check out, etc (or someone who wants to do it). Even relatively large amounts of open time represents only a few % of our total hours. I think if you wanted to affect change through the staffing route you'd have to start massive sick calls. Having 10 percent of their flying uncovered may start getting things done. (Did this happen to United a few years ago?)

In their minds, Comair isn't JMing today because they screwed up staffing. They always run short and they like it. We are working for short-sighted misers. They will walk over a buck to pick up a nickel. In the mean time we are rewarded with less flying and furloughs. If some dude wants to pick up extra flying let him. We may all be out of jobs soon anyway.

Not picking up open time may not help, but it can't hurt. I look at picking up EF as doing the company a favor...yea I get time and a half, but they save a bunch of money by not having to hire more people and the associated benefits that they would have to pay.

As for getting Jm'ed if it happens it happens. I'm not going to call someone who gets jm'ed an A-hole. They have opportunities to get you where you have no out. You are just doing your job at that point.

As for calling in sick when you get jm'ed that is the individuals call. I'm not going to tell someone to do something that may end up in discplinary action

Last edited:
Because we have 300 people furloughed making zero dollars.

I mean maybe it's just me, but it shows a lack of class to pick up open time while your colleagues are laid off. Those same people would probably stab you in the back whenever it benefits them.
Right here lays the problems.
The majority of these guys picking up EF are the most senior guys, guys who can give two craps about the junior man, and forget what it's like to live on 1-3 yr FO pay.
These are also guys that we're supposed to be "UNION" brothers with, but when it comes to contract times, it's all about the senior guy.

Next time negotiations come around, the junior man should bend over the senior guys.

Not sure what your trying to say? There are more than a few guys in the left seat that as you taxi off the runway are already calling scheduling to see if they can pick up another leg. And no those guys call 10 early fly to be ontime, and call 10 early.

I'm agreeing with you. I'm simply saying that there are those few out there that could care less. They've got some nice property in Northern Kentucky with a nice view.

I'm agreeing with you. I'm simply saying that there are those few out there that could care less. They've got some nice property in Northern Kentucky with a nice view.
Not just northern cvg, some in FL. These guys could care less. They are also the same people that were sending petitions around for the cheif pilots, and also the same people that wanted the paycuts in BK so we could get more planes. Why not add the same people who believe they should be flying left seat at DL.

Latest resources

Back