Comair scheduling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

samballs

298 furloughed pilots, and yet OH has been in an JM since FRI. I'm senior on 700 and they have called a couple of times a day. I hope no one is actually picking up the phone. I imagine a few senior 700 capts are loving it, but for the rest of you remember 298 furloughed pilots.

298 furloughed pilots, and yet OH has been in an JM since FRI. I'm senior on 700 and they have called a couple of times a day. I hope no one is actually picking up the phone. I imagine a few senior 700 capts are loving it, but for the rest of you remember 298 furloughed pilots.

Comair Scheduling= Scheduled to go out of Business by May 2009!

On my way to Rome see you guys!

You posted this on another thread at 08:59 today.

That was a quick trip to Rome Skippy. Was it Rome,GA?

Yep...that 1%; call out 10 early, taxi slow, min PPAS mach, call in later than you already are..
Not sure what your trying to say? There are more than a few guys in the left seat that as you taxi off the runway are already calling scheduling to see if they can pick up another leg. And no those guys call 10 early fly to be ontime, and call 10 early.

Why do people care if a guy taxiis fast, slow, or picks up open time?

As it was explained to me in the past at a different airline, staffing is based off a model or formula and they won't budge from it. "X" many hours of flying = "X" many pilots. It doesn't matter what you do. They will not call pilots back. In fact, if large quantities of pilots started calling in sick, I still bet Comair would not budge. If only for the reason management wouldn't allow the pilot group the leverage to in effect help their furloughed "brothers" back to work.

Thinking back, I can't remember a time when Comair has not been at varying degrees of what seems like under-staffing. This applies equally to when we are growing, shrinking, and staying the same. Staffing is bare minimum all the time. If we were ever over-staffed it was temporary and only because management thought we were about to grow and were spooling up.

The bottome line, I don't think you can do anything at least along these lines to help the furloughed guys. I wish I could. Now has got to be one of the worst times to be out on the street (holidays coming up, and economy sucking). That being said, I havent flown open time in probably 9+ months but it doesn't bother me if someone else does. The idea behind not pick up flying comes from good intentions (trying to force some recalls and maybe "punishing" the company) but ultimately, I don't think it works.

Last edited:
Why do people care if a guy taxiis fast, slow, or picks up open time?

Because we have 300 people furloughed making zero dollars.

I mean maybe it's just me, but it shows a lack of class to pick up open time while your colleagues are laid off. Those same people would probably stab you in the back whenever it benefits them.

Latest resources

Back