Comair reallocation. predictions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dirt Doctor

Any thoughts on how senior CVG will end up when they do the big shift. I am thinking some guys will trade seats or equipment not to go to NY. This could really mix things up at Comair.

That sounds like the Chicoms re-education program. Good luck, although I don't think the Evil Empire has anything good planned for you.

I heard 80 crews is all they will need in CVG

according to the memo-- there will only be 88 crews in CVG come Sept. The rest will be JFK based

according to the memo-- there will only be 88 crews in CVG come Sept. The rest will be JFK based

I heard something about being down to 900 pilots....when are the next round of furloughs?

I heard something about being down to 900 pilots....when are the next round of furloughs?

No involuntary furloughs until we see the fall schedule. And Maybe not then. Its a wait and see kinda game

Good luck getting all those commuters to JFK. They are going to have to run an employee shuttle every morning. Can Captains opt for the right seat to stay in CVG or are they locked and forced to change planes and bases? I am wondering if it is worth it for some not to commute and take the pay cut.

Good luck getting all those commuters to JFK. They are going to have to run an employee shuttle every morning. Can Captains opt for the right seat to stay in CVG or are they locked and forced to change planes and bases? I am wondering if it is worth it for some not to commute and take the pay cut.

A captain can't bid back to FO, they can only be displaced into that seat so that will not be an option. There are no different planes to "change" into. This is a reallocation bid for now and only moves 50 seat crews from cvg to jfk.

Needless to say, cvg will be SUPER senior now.

A captain can't bid back to FO, they can only be displaced into that seat so that will not be an option. There are no different planes to "change" into. This is a reallocation bid for now and only moves 50 seat crews from cvg to jfk.

Needless to say, cvg will be SUPER senior now.

First bid will be a reallocation bid for 50 CA volunteering to JFK (the Co way of getting out of paying moving exp.). Then the displacements... they can bid anywhere their seniority holds, ie JFK CA or FO, or CVG 50 or 70 FO a select few will be able to hold CVG 70CA.

I live in CVG so after 6 years in the left, I am comfortably numb in the right - doing one days (for now). Paycut wasn't such a big deal as my Crack biz is doing great.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back