• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair reallocation. predictions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We already have a base there, the company has no need to raise wages. If the lifers don't like it, bye.

Unfortunately, It won't be the lifers being forced up there. (yet)

I'm looking on the brightside as this will get me out of CVG.

MSNBC had a special on today about the huge increase in Heroin do to the economy. Talked about how the purest batches to ever come into the country are coming in and that if one is not use to such potency the potential for overdose is real.

HOW ARE PEOPLE AFFORDING THIS STUFF?

There is no reason for anyone to willingly bid over to JFK. Very few will take that option. Why bid over there when you can be displaced and take advantage of a company paid move.

The simplest reason is this:

You are a 15/16/17 year CA at Comair. You commute and hold a line in CVG. After the reallocation and displacement bid you are probably, if not guaranteed, going to be sitting reserve for the foreseeable future (that means a long time). However you could commute to JFK and hold a very good line. You are too senior to be "displaced" so your only option is to voluntarily bid JFK during the reallocation bid. You are commuting any way ... why not?

I am aware of 10-15 CVG CAs who fit this scenario and are seriously considering this.

There are a handful of other scenarios and other CAs who are going voluntarily.

I guessing 25-30 will bid or it and 50 or so will be displaced.

As for the company paid move. You only get reimbursed if you actually move. Who is going to move there making Regional pay?

JECKEL

What if you move to another city that is an easier commute to JFK. Will they pay for that?

Yes, they will pay up to the cost of moving you to CVG-JFK...so if you move someplace closer it won't cost you a dime. If it is farther, you pay the difference.

wmuflyguy,

trust me CVG gets much better the further from Comair you can get!!! I know cause we left during the Comair slide in '06 and are now getting ready to move back. Luckily without the hassles of Comair making us miserable.... I feel your pain though.. I hated CVG when it was all negative Comair crap surrounding us...

I think we may have met back in the day at the Gold's gym in Erlanger? I had a bunch of friends that played basketball there alot.

wmuflyguy,

trust me CVG gets much better the further from Comair you can get!!! I know cause we left during the Comair slide in '06 and are now getting ready to move back. Luckily without the hassles of Comair making us miserable.... I feel your pain though.. I hated CVG when it was all negative Comair crap surrounding us...

I think we may have met back in the day at the Gold's gym in Erlanger? I had a bunch of friends that played basketball there alot.
Comair is not what makes cvg crappy, cincy makes cincy crappy(especially N. Kentucky)

That was probably me, I frequented there quite a bit.

Latest resources

Back