• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair reallocation. predictions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You confirmed what I thought. I figured you might see some guys bid whatever it took to stay in CVG. That might stir things up in JFK.

There is no reason for anyone to willingly bid over to JFK. Very few will take that option. Why bid over there when you can be displaced and take advantage of a company paid move.

I would think most will commute. No moving expenses will be incurred. That's why I wondered about who will go. Anyone who wanted to work in NY would already be there. I think almost everyone will be forced to go. That being said I can see people doing whatever it takes to avoid the horrible commute that they will be facing them.

CA pay in JFK, less loss of $ using the commuter clause several times a month, plus crash pad = FO pay in CVG with out a commute.

:uzi:JFK

Maybe it's time to move

Cincinnati, Ohio

Overall rank: 9
Depression rank: 7
Suicide rank: 20
Crime (property and violent) rank: 34
Divorce rate rank: 19
Cloudy days: 186
Unemployment rate (December 2008): 6.4%

From a recent BusinessWeek magazine article about the top 20 Unhappiest Cities in the U.S.
NYC was not on the list nor listed in the article so maybe getting out of the CVG area will make ya happier.
I actually like the Cincy metro area and enjoy staying downtown in the warm months. Great Octoberfest too!!
Hope it all works out for you guys because QOL is most important.
// '); document.write('<a class="storyLink" href="' + storyLink + '">read the story'); document.write('<a class="commentsLink" href="' + commentsLink + '">post a comment'); document.write(''); } // ]]>

First bid will be a reallocation bid for 50 CA volunteering to JFK (the Co way of getting out of paying moving exp.). Then the displacements... they can bid anywhere their seniority holds, ie JFK CA or FO, or CVG 50 or 70 FO a select few will be able to hold CVG 70CA.

I live in CVG so after 6 years in the left, I am comfortably numb in the right - doing one days (for now). Paycut wasn't such a big deal as my Crack biz is doing great.
Crack is sooo last year, supply is dependent on the pesky South American suppliers. For a low franchising fee I can move you into the new millinium, crank, crystal meth is the new high profit margin product. Incredibly addictive, versatile, and easy to make in your local previously abandoned crack house. This product will sell its self, all you have to do is employ your F/Os to stand on a steet corner near your local jr high school and the cash will come running to you. I will also outline how to establish a crank call girl/boy operation, this is a real money maker, since you get them hooked and then they hook for you, dope and prostitution thrive in a "down" economy, for an additional fee I will include a Whitelightin' program, this way you can hit every population demographic(infants excepted, we are working on a " mothers little helper program", soon to be released, using Canadian Codeine cough syrup) cradle(soon) to grave.
PBR

Last edited:
Wow, that sucks. So guys are getting displaced to JFK?
I'd hope ALPA is trying to get extra money for those guys forced to go up there to offset the cost of living in that dump.

Wow, that sucks. So guys are getting displaced to JFK?
I'd hope ALPA is trying to get extra money for those guys forced to go up there to offset the cost of living in that dump.
We already have a base there, the company has no need to raise wages. If the lifers don't like it, bye.

Latest resources

Back