• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer

Does anyone know of anyone who has resigned from EJA in the past year? I am interested in finding out if EJA required them to pay back their training contract and how EJ went about collecting the money. I know there were several guys from ComAir that went to work at EJ during the strike this past spring and then returned to Comair. Does anyone know if they had to pay back the cost of their training?

I heard some guys did that, but I havn't met any of them yet. I heard that EJ was quite upset with them. Also, fyi, we havn't used ComAir for our logo for about ten years. It's simply Comair now. I'll let you know if I run into any of those guys.

Hey SDD,

I just saw the newest logo today. It looks nice...more like an airline and less like a tennis shoe. Of course, ASA recently went in the opposite direction.

Boomer said:
Does anyone know of anyone who has resigned from EJA in the past year? I am interested in finding out if EJA required them to pay back their training contract and how EJ went about collecting the money. I know there were several guys from ComAir that went to work at EJ during the strike this past spring and then returned to Comair. Does anyone know if they had to pay back the cost of their training?

A friend of mine has just left to return to MIDWAY to fly a 737-700.
EJA is indeed trying to recover 13k and change for Citation training although he was already typed when he got there. He told me that after speaking with legal counsel, he in all likelyhood would be able to forego re-payment if he retains an attorney on his own and fights it. This is the only case I have first hand knowledge of. Hope this helps.

Re: Midway

leardvr said:
I thought Midway shut down. I fact the Chief Pilot is going to EJA.

What's up with that friend of yours?

MIDWAY is indeed back up and running since 12/19/01. At present 5 737-700's are in use serving 6 cities if I am not mistaken. As for my friend, with less than 10 years until retirement, I suppose that the thought of spending a portion of that time in the left seat of the 737 is a much more attractive prospect to him personally than spending time in any seat of a Citiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back