Comair pay scale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And a Post Script (PS) to all the non-aviation readers out there:

Hourly rates are as stated but jet pilots are limited to a thousand (1,000) hour year. So please don't make the Sen. McCain mistake and multiply by the business standard 2,080 hours in a year.

The first year captain is making $56,000/yr and the 16 year guy is making just over $100,000/yr.

Please also remember that the guy in the right seat is making right around $25,000/yr in his first year and you will have to pay your dues in the right seat for some time before you make captain.

Compare to computer programmers and engineers making $50K right out of college and most break the six figure barrier by their fifth year.

Love this job!

You kick back and reap the rewards???? Open your eyes.

I get great insurance for dirt cheap. Have a union behind me if; I'm injured, sick, violated, supended, fired, or otherwise in trouble. If I lost my medical tomorrow I would have a full-time staff of experts fighting to get it back. In the meantime I would get a lump-sum up front plus a monthly paycheck. That's just the beginning. Good ol' ALPA.

Your management promises?????? That's genuine - really good stuff. They promise all of that and will probably stick by it until times get a little tough, then suddenly the deal is altered. Maybe there's a reason they don't want a union on the property............

Just a though or two.

sydeseet,

I think you missed the intended (benign) sarcasm of Caveman's post. I believe that he's soliidly with you on this one.

Your references to the validity of management's promises really need to take into account their track record. That track record includes no pilot furloughs in their 30 years of operation. I believe SOMEWHERE in those 30 there were a couple of tough times. Their promises include keeping people in class after Sept 11 when others sent new hires home or out on the street. Those promises have included pay scales that are aligned with the best of our competitors flying the same equipment and work rules better than most of our competitors.

The company formula for success is to provide a quality product at a competitive price. When that is linked with the comparative pay scales, I have a hard time finding fault with it.

Not having a union on the property allows SkyWest to turn with the agility of an F-16 which provides it an operational advantage in the market place. That agility usually results in a realized benefit to the pilot group.

Trust me, you have better targets than SkyWest to aim such rhetoric at.

Latest resources

Back