Comair or pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

unlvjj

Hey guys just looking for a little advice i just got job offers from both pinnacle and com air and was just wondering wha you guys liked and disliked about the companys. I dont care where i live and i just want to get to a major as fast as i can. Any advice woud be great, and i know these are not the top notch regionals or anything but i'm tired of flight instruction and ready to move on, so any advice would help.
thanks

and i just want to get to a major as fast as i can.

Let me guess... you're the kind of pilot who will want to vote in a B-scale wage if it means more jets and a faster upgrade time, so you can "get yours" and move on?

Hey guys just looking for a little advice i just got job offers from both pinnacle and com air and was just wondering wha you guys liked and disliked about the companys. I dont care where i live and i just want to get to a major as fast as i can. Any advice woud be great, and i know these are not the top notch regionals or anything but i'm tired of flight instruction and ready to move on, so any advice would help.
thanks

Either you are new at Flightinfo or your just a complete dumba$$

man is it so much to just ask for advice, mabye i'm a young pilot who doesnt know much about the airlines yet, and who doesnt hate his job, but geez give a guy a break for trying to have a plan in life

man is it so much to just ask for advice, mabye i'm a young pilot who doesnt know much about the airlines yet, and who doesnt hate his job, but geez give a guy a break for trying to have a plan in life

Alrighty, i never thought i would say this but got to Pinchnickle if you want a quicker upgrade, but be ready to be treated like shiat, their contract sucks balls, they've been "working" on the contract since God only knows when. But like i tell everyone, whoever has the fast upgrade today might not have it tomorrow. Comair? man, God only knows what the future for that place is. Better pay, no growth, JFK for junior base need I say anymore?

thanks

Pinnacle. The press about Comair hasn't been good lately, including rumors that it could be sold.

I suppose it doesn't matter which one you pick. Once you get out of training, you could very well apply and get hired by the regional you really want. Seems there's a lot of cherry picking going on these days.

Junior base at Comair is JFK, so compare that to crashpad costs for Pinnacle.

Lots of attrition at Comair lately, more to come once the bankruptcy claim payouts are done. After that, who knows? We haven't been sold and we don't have any new growth, although under the new TA we're pretty cheap labor.

I hear Pinnacle got the CRJ 900, but lost an equal amount of 50-seaters.

In this market, at least you know that your decision doesn't have to be final...

Come on over to pinnacle it is just like CFI'ing. I thought I gave up CFI'ing years ago but pinnacle is now hiring 350 wonderer boys so I had to blow off the dust off my CFI and start giving primary training again like how to flare, x-winds landings etc. I just never thought I would be giving training in A CRJ instead of a 152.

See YA at the bottom

Latest resources

Back