Comair or Pinnacle - where do I go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tradersltd said:
I am glad you guys are happy to be working for Comair, but at least I am working for a company that is not on the verge of going broke. If Delta goes, you go. Northwest is in way better shape than Delta. I will take slightly less pay than having to worry about loosing my job any day. My $.02

I think you might want to call our MEC and see what they have to say about Northwest's financial health. In short, Northwest will be in Chapter 11 by the end of the year if something doesn't change for the better real quick. Northwest's financial situation is pretty much the same as Delta's.

PCL_128, I don't know how you know for sure that NWA will be in BK by the end of the year if things don't change, and neither does our MEC.

What do you/they mean by change for the better real quick? Labor costs, fuel, load factors, debt, revenue?

By using such a statement, no matter what happens, they can say they were right.

FlyHigher said:
It seems the response is unison for Comair. Here some food for thought, though: Comair is wholly owned by Delta. Delta wants to sell them to Skywest. Not that Skywest is a bad company, but if that happens, how long will I have to sit reserve?
Pinnacle has a solid contract with Northwest. Granted the groth with them will go to Mesaba, but, there is second certificate in the works and they are "almost ready to launch" with it flying under different colors. That sounds like the growth is most likely happening there. THey are hiring like crazy, among the new hires street captains or potential quick upgrades.

Also, let's say I am not looking for an airline to retire with and my ultimate goal is to fly in Europe or in other parts of the world. I need time in a jet, preferably in the left seat, preferably fast to move on quickly.

If you are still saying "go to Comair" I probably will, but these are valid concerns, are they not?

And I have to decide by tomorrow morning....

Just hate not to have the crystal ball and regret later whatever I decide...

Why would a company like Skywest, which is in a very good position financially with plenty of cash on hand, deplete their assets by purchasing a large company like Comair and, in essence, double their size overnight and incurring the difficulties of transaction of this magnitude. Especially when the insustry is in such turmoil. History is full of examples of situations like this. Just doesnt make good business sense when you think about it. Just my 2 cents

GEORGE DUBYA said:
YANKEES????!!!!!!!!!The civil war is over buddy we won stop sleeping with your sister.

Is that what they tell yall up there? We didn't lose, we just wore ourselves out whipping yankees. Besides, it wasn't really a civil war; it was the War of Northern Agression.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back