• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair or Pinnacle - where do I go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comair, of course. There is no comparison whatsoever.

Not so fast

It seems the response is unison for Comair. Here some food for thought, though: Comair is wholly owned by Delta. Delta wants to sell them to Skywest. Not that Skywest is a bad company, but if that happens, how long will I have to sit reserve?
Pinnacle has a solid contract with Northwest. Granted the groth with them will go to Mesaba, but, there is second certificate in the works and they are "almost ready to launch" with it flying under different colors. That sounds like the growth is most likely happening there. THey are hiring like crazy, among the new hires street captains or potential quick upgrades.

Also, let's say I am not looking for an airline to retire with and my ultimate goal is to fly in Europe or in other parts of the world. I need time in a jet, preferably in the left seat, preferably fast to move on quickly.

If you are still saying "go to Comair" I probably will, but these are valid concerns, are they not?

And I have to decide by tomorrow morning....

Just hate not to have the crystal ball and regret later whatever I decide...

I don't care who Delta sells Comair to (if they sell them at all), it's still a better place to be than Pinch-Nickle. Trust me, avoid this place like the plague.

You are better off not asking for advice on flightinfo.

If you are looking primairly for an upgrade, I'm guessing Pinnacle would be better. There are a few reasons for this. At Pinnacle, 10 more airplanes would be more growth, percentage wise, than Comair. Another factor is attrition. The "good" thing about a "bad" airline is that people are motivated to leave. I imagine that it would be harder to get your resume updated and sent out if you are getting 18 days off per month and making $100,000/yr. A higher rate of attrition will help with a quicker upgrade.

Weigh the factors, roll the dice, and live with the results. Good luck.

My advice is for you to goto Comair. I have a few friends at Pinnacle and they say the company is very unorganized. In addition, the FO pay at Pinnacle is terrible. $20 first year, $24 second year...sorry but for me, I would not work for those wages. Comair pays $23 first year, and $37 or $41 2nd year depending on if you're on the 50 or 70 seater.

Another thing you'd want to consider is where you want to live. If you live near one of the Pinnacle bases, you might consider going to Pinnacle. If you goto Comair, get based in JFK, and move to NY, that $37/hr. 2nd year doesn't take you very far in NY, let's not even talk about what $23/hr in NY will get you. So those are other things you need to think about. If you don't live in one of Comair's or Pinnacle's domiciles and have to commute regardless, then my pick is definitly Comair.

Don't try to outwit the system, you'll lose. If you try to figure out where a company will be in 5 years or how upgrade will be in 5 years, no one will know. If you know that info, you're in the wrong business, you need to go be an stock picker for Merryl Lynch. Who knows what will happen to Comair if they are sold or if Delta goes into bankruptcy. Because if Delta goes to bankruptcy, Comair goes also, which means concessions most likely. Again, don't try to figure this out. I don't even know what will happen in 5 days, let alone 5 years.

Enough advice from me, good luck with your decision. Remember, any decision, even if it's the wrong one, is better than no decision. Make your choice, stick with it, and make the best of it. Hope this helps.

-W

I am glad you guys are happy to be working for Comair, but at least I am working for a company that is not on the verge of going broke. If Delta goes, you go. Northwest is in way better shape than Delta. I will take slightly less pay than having to worry about loosing my job any day. My $.02

Go to Pinnacle. I have some Ocean front property in Memphis for you too. I'll cut you a nice deal. Do you play poker?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back