Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

prodigal

Fiduciary responsibility?
I just got the letter yesterday with the good news!
The hard work and persistence has finally paid off. I want to thank all the guys (and gals?) who offered me information about Comair in my preparation for the interview. I am very grateful to have this opportunity.
To all of you who are trying to get on somewhere all I can say is "never, never, never, never give up." Good luck to all.
Cheers!

Congrats! Maybe I'll see you in training. When did you interview? They told me October when I interveiwed in July.

tubelo

tubelo

Thanks, everyone.
I interviewed last week and they told us likely class date in October. Can't wait! Anyone know what Cincinnati is like? I've never resided above the Mason-Dixon line:)

Congratulations

I am sure you will enjoy your time at Comair. You struck gold in this job market, brother/sister.
What part of the south are you coming from?

Cincinatti:

Well, I don't live there but I am not going to dog the place. It really is pretty nice. Cost of living is low, people are friendly, traffic is not bad at all and everything is pretty convenient. Beats the heck out of other places I have been based.

CVG is a very small place. I commute and I have met some great freinds up there that I will stay in touch w/ forever. In one way or another CVG is a place where everybody knows everybody type of thing. You get a hotel the first week. And I would say it is absolutely necessary to have a car there for your first year and at least a crashpad if you commute. You can find a great crashpad for around 150.00.

If you need some leads on housing or crashpads, PM me I have some numbers for you depending on what you are looking for.

From the day you walk on the property you have a lot of people looking out for you and you become part of a great group that have done a lot of things for the industry, regardless of what you hear on message boards.

This is a great place to get on a plane, come to work, work, get on a plane and go home, and not have to deal w/ any crap. The paycheck shows up on time, every time and it is not bad at all after first year. If you are one of those people who likes to "get involved", there is room for you as well.

Once again, congratulations, good luck and I will see you soon:)

Welcome Aboard!!

I have to say I came here about a year ago from Eagle.

This place is absolutely Awesome!!!!!!

All the Chief pilots bend over backward to help or accomodate you if you would need it.

I commute from San Diego and never have a problem.
The pilot group is extremely cohesive unlike any I have seen.

We have great Schedules once your off reserve.

The contract is excellent, sure anything could be better but we have major airline work rules and a pretty good B fund / 401k retirement.

We're also the highest paid RJ pilots in the industry.

PM me if you have any questions.

Latest resources

Back