Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

citdrver

Hey guys and gals,

What is the reserve time new hires can expect these days? It sounds like Comair is hiring rather aggresively these days, just curious if new hires are getting a line right away or spend months waiting by the phone??

Thanks

I got a high-speed (continuous duty) line this month, my third bid cycle and my 4th month flying. Not sure I'll be able to hold it consistently, we'll see.

Time to a regular line, who knows?

Continuous duty trips aren't for everyone (check in around 2200, fly out, 4-6 hours in a hotel, fly back, released), but I like it because I can commute home more easily (16 nights at home this month) and the company picks up the hotel room in Cincy between pairings if you want to get rid of the crash pad.

I know of two FO's who have been there just about a year and have had a mix of COD lines and reserve. I know for a fact one of them is on reserve since last night through Tuesday. He's been there 11 months. Hope this helps.
B

reserve time

Finished IOE March 1st '02, held a line Oct. I bid four day trips, 14-16 days off per month. Most trips are commutable on one side. All depends on how many are hired behind you, I have 400 hundred behind me already.

not to nitpick or anything but i started march 01 and as of the jan bid packet i only had 270ish below me so i'm not sure where you got that number - 400...

well, i guess by checking the latest vacancy bid there are 355 below me, but still the math is a little fuzzy on your number...

Last edited:
MATH WHIZ

started Nov 01, I said finished IOE 1st of March, 2002. #121x, there are now 1610+ on list. Thats 400.

hmmmm...

latest seniority list attached to the 1/6/03 vacancy bid...

1574 pilots...

i'm 121X...so how can you be 121X???

i was in tng with all of the guys seniority number 121X so you can't possibly be one of them...

i started 3/01...eight months before you...

that's 355 by my count, again, just curious, not trying to nitpick

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back