• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair moving out of JFK and into DTW Sept 1st

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The JFK commuter terminal is a pitiful disgusting embarrassment for Delta. DTW (minus the DRE rampers) runs pretty smoothly and is a nice airport. It's a pretty good gain for the Comair pilots except the ones who live in NYC.

Also, Mesaba practically moving into SLC and Skywest to MSP.

"Comair moving out of JFK and into DTW Sept 1st"

It's like being punished twice for the same crime.

How are all those Florida guys going to commute to Detroit?

I think most of the Florida guys are pretty senior, maybe senior enough to hold CVG.

I think they could almost all hold CVG. The problem has been that they don't want to. JFK was an easier commute than CVG. Which will be easier now, CVG or DTW?

"Comair moving out of JFK and into DTW Sept 1st"

It's like being punished twice for the same crime.

I know you are joking, but DTW is about as good a base as you can get. It doesn't come to a grinding halt every time it sprinkles, has plenty of gates, and a lot of flights so chances are an easy commute.

I don't know what to tell you if you live in Florida. Every flight is full, everywhere.

I know you are joking, but DTW is about as good a base as you can get. It doesn't come to a grinding halt every time it sprinkles, has plenty of gates, and a lot of flights so chances are an easy commute.

I don't know what to tell you if you live in Florida. Every flight is full, everywhere.
Remember, Bendoritis told us when they took away our travel benefits "You choose to live where you want, Freedom pilots had no problem getting to work" Really! I would say "You choose to base crews where you want, just don't expect us to go out of our way to accomodate your Base Du Jour every 3 friggin years" That commuter clause is going to bite you in the butt. Or you can give us the DELTA clause...miss the first one and you're pos space on the next one. But then we're not DELTA.

Remember, Bendoritis told us when they took away our travel benefits "You choose to live where you want, Freedom pilots had no problem getting to work" Really! I would say "You choose to base crews where you want, just don't expect us to go out of our way to accomodate your Base Du Jour every 3 friggin years" That commuter clause is going to bite you in the butt. Or you can give us the DELTA clause...miss the first one and you're pos space on the next one. But then we're not DELTA.

No, it won't. DTW will be my 4th base in less than 8 years, and none of the bases have suffered because of mass commuter clause calls, not even JFK. Calling in commuter costs us money, not them, so crews will do whatever is necessary to get there.

Latest resources

Back