• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair mins go up-will this be a trend?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have 1500/500. All from instructing. Never had one airline interview or gotton one call. I'm gonna tear off the recips on my twin and install turbines sometime within the next 50 dual given. It is all who you know and timing i think.

300 hours is no different than 100?? HA!

It takes AT LEAST 100 hours to really learn how to land a new airplane....

Take this with a grain of salt, please ;)

Turbine Time

Just about all arguments relating to time are relative, but unfortunately HR people with stacks of resumes have to use something to sift through them all. Time is probably the first thing they go by. The last few years though have taught the regionals that it doesn't take 5000 hrs. to become a trainable pilot. So I'd say there will be a mix of experience levels for the foreseeable future. Bottom line is, you gotta play to win (like the lottery). Keep sending in your stuff and see what happens.

Getting back to the time issue, you guys can beat yourselfs to death with that issue forevever. To let the secret out, the equipment generally get easier to fly as you increase your experience level. Speaking from the Hawker world, the airplane deflects rudder automatically for you and adds APR power to the good engine during an engine failure. I'm sure those flying Barons full of checks in the middle of the night wish they had that kind of toy. My point is: don't let anyone make you feel like a second class citizen just because you don't have any turbine time. If you can fly those recip twins around in all types of weather, you can certainly tool around and let the automation do it for you too.

Good luck all...

When you only have 1500-2000 total time, the difference between 100 and 300 hours of multi time is big. So it is not that 200 hrs makes the difference, it is that 200 hrs when it represents such a large percentage of your total time and of your total multi time, that it matters. Did that come out right ?

RE:DOGG

I agree, I was hired by SkyWest with 1015 tt and
225 multi (no turbine). I think one of the reasons
I got an interview was that even though I had low
tt, a good portion was with two spinners...although
here I sit and wait for who knows how long.

UtahPilot: I would not worry about company minimums
there is a lot that goes into hiring besides time, put
everything on your resume from your education
to...well does your mom cook a mean meatloaf???

good luck, JP

Latest resources

Back