Comair, Mesaba, or Chautauqua?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
slh3green,

I came to Mesaba over 6 years ago when it was considered the regional to work for and have been dealing with the negative side of this industry ever since so my thoughts are admittedly jaded.

My point is that working in the airline part of the aviation industry is probably the least stable area to work in and you will not have the quality of life and stability that you may hope to find. Your choice may turn out to suit you just fine or it may bite you in the butt. You won't know until you get hired wherever you can get in and start gaining experience.

Good luck in your future interviews (if you haven't gotten that far yet) and with your decision if/when the time comes. Keep in mind that almost every time a pilot group has had the "choice to how good or bad we have to make it for ourselves" , pilot groups choose wrong. We always end up shooting ourselves in the foot then try to blame it on someone or something else. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to improving our job future in both the economic and quality of life areas.

If you can deal with the job not living up to what you thought it would, with low pay for the amount of work and time you put into it, with lack of respect from management and other pilot groups, then by all means, jump in with both feet.

Good luck

Good Post.

Latest resources

Back