Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While we are digging up history....This will help put things in perspective:

http://www.rjdefense.com/dalmecmergsub.pdf

The Delta MEC makes a point to distinguish the ASA and CMR hiring process...Then a year later, they want to ignore that because they need help....They made the case that they are separate....when it suits them....

Pages 5, 8, and 13 are very clear that the pilot hiring process and groups are separate....Seems they wanted to change that tune a year later....

Last edited:
As long as you want to bring up history, March 2001: Thanks for the strike checks.... oh, that's right every other airline pilots sent checks except for ONE ~ Delta. I take that back, there was one Delta pilot who sent in a check. One! And for the record, a majority of Comair pilots voiced their opinion to JC on this matter and he tried to use the DL furloughs as negotiation chips with DALPA anyway.

You're a big A-hole for even trudging this up.

How much did you send in to me while I was on furlough A-Hole! This is your history, don't get mad at me because of it! Or are you pissed because you are shrinking into nasty history?

While we are digging up history....This will help put things in perspective:

http://www.rjdefense.com/dalmecmergsub.pdf

The Delta MEC makes a point to distinguish the ASA and CMR hiring process...Then a year later, they want to ignore that because they need help....They made the case that they are separate....when it suits them....

Pages 5, 8, and 13 are very clear that the pilot hiring process and groups are separate....Seems they wanted to change that tune a year later....

I think the point is, that by hiring (very few) furloughed Delta pilots and not requiring them to resign senority;

1. Would not have made any difference on upgrades or advancement to any Comair pilot.

2. This request was due to a unusual situation(post 9-11)

3. In order to agree to any furlough coming over to the bottom of your list for a short time: you demanded that we get rid of all of our scope and allow you to get as many large jets that you wanted-(that would put even more Delta pilots on the street)

In any case, different opinions I guess. It's been a while

I think the point is, that by hiring (very few) furloughed Delta pilots and not requiring them to resign senority;

1. Would not have made any difference on upgrades or advancement to any Comair pilot.

2. This request was due to a unusual situation(post 9-11)

3. In order to agree to any furlough coming over to the bottom of your list for a short time: you demanded that we get rid of all of our scope and allow you to get as many large jets that you wanted-(that would put even more Delta pilots on the street)

In any case, different opinions I guess. It's been a while

The point is that your MEC used the different hiring criteria as a case in why there isn't sufficient operational integration for a PID....The CMR hiring criteria required resigning seniority and YOUR MEC said that DAL/CMR/ASA are separate and that the separate hiring criteria proved that...You reep what you sow.....The DAL MEC likes asking for help when it needs it...but it never does anything for anyone else.....Midwest Express is just the latest example....What have they done for them?

The point is that your MEC used the different hiring criteria as a case in why there isn't sufficient operational integration for a PID....The CMR hiring criteria required resigning seniority and YOUR MEC said that DAL/CMR/ASA are separate and that the separate hiring criteria proved that...You reep what you sow.....The DAL MEC likes asking for help when it needs it...but it never does anything for anyone else.....Midwest Express is just the latest example....What have they done for them?

Ok! Thanks! The letter was still put out there. Water under the bridge. As far as "You reep what you sow" I agree 100%. Comair is going to be nothing but a memory soon. Not to many other airlines out there to hire them. But as you say, You reep what you sow. It's to bad it all happened. I bet no more than 20 Delta pilots would have elected to go there. Probably more like 5 at the most.

I almost think it would be unsafe to put a Delta pilot with an ego larger than the state of Texas on a flight deck with a Comair pilot. Comair should have allowed you Delta guys to have preferential hiring. You guys should have kept your Delta seniority for when you were recalled at Delta, but while you would have been at Comair you should have come in at the BOTTOM at First Year Pay. With every other carrier when you get preferential hiring you start at the bottom, not at your seniority on their pay scale. Hey, this sounds familiar.........Delta pilots, kids, getting on Comair aircraft before Comair employees.

As a local to the Cincinnati area and a Delta customer for the past 17 years, I hope DELTA AIR LINES gets theirs! Delta Air Lines is the Saddam Hussein of the airlines industry. They have done nothing but screw over their customers and even their employees.

How much did you send in to me while I was on furlough A-Hole! This is your history, don't get mad at me because of it! Or are you pissed because you are shrinking into nasty history?

How much did I send to you? NOTHING. WHO DO YOU THINK I AM, OBAMA? However, I would have bent over backwards to help you help yourself.

First off, I was 100% for hiring the Delta furloughs and I didn't give a rats ass if you held on to your DL seniority number as long as you didn't display me out of my seat. I actually flew with 3 furloughed DL guys ~ so they did come to Comair after all (no thanks to JC Lawson's PR nightmare).

Secondly, my family's business directly hired 6 Delta Furloughees and that was directly as a result of me going to the BOD and recommending a friend who needed some help, who in turn brought several others with him. None of these guys had any business experience and I argued that the leadership skills would make up for it. They all turned out to be great employees and 4/6 are still there and decided that a desk job making $100k+ wasn't so bad after all.

Latest resources

Back