• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair MEC recall...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skyslug addressed the payrates. The correct rates are on pp 24-25 of the LOA language.

Thanks, my bad. I missed the fact that two different sets of rates were provided. That's a faux pas that adds insult to injury. While the difference isn't much, publishing rates that aren't accurate is not explicable, especially considering that the summary is dated after the LOA language. I fell for the sucker punch.

Appreciate your help! I hope there aren't any more 'surprises' buried somewhere.

Becuase that means that Mainline gave up more scope. I want to have some kind of career progression. I like working at Comair, but they are making it into a place that you can't really retire from.

Thanks for your candid reply. I can't argue with your desire for career progression; that's desirable for everyone. However, I don't think that a larger airplane, provided it isn't big enough to infringe on somebody's assumed 'terrirory' will have any real impact on your opportunities. You will still have to apply and get hired wherever it is you prefer to be.

There is no doubt that these concessions and the loss of the "B" plan alter the reitrement prospects at CMR. When this episode is over, if CMR is still around hopefully that can be restored along with your pay. Like everything else you'll have to fight for it - the people than run these places have always seen pilots as 'work units' and have no sympathy for your needs or your dreams. That won't change no matter who's logo is in your livery.

When we look at what's happened at most of the legacy carriers the picture is not pretty either. USAir, UAL and Delta have all lost their pensions. AA is under severe pressue for the same thing as we speak. NW is still holding but you can bet their head shed will try again. The only outfits that seem to offer reasonable security at present are FedX and UPS, which is directly related to the fact they're in a different business.

If somebody starts another war, the price of oil could tank them all in a heartbeat. The cyclical nature of this profession has always been something we've had to live with. Seniority can provide a certain cushion but not security. I once had a lot of 'senior' buddies among the white hats. Today few remember who they were. I have another 'senior' buddy 1 yr from hanging up the hat at AAA. He's already lost 1/2 his pay + his pension and will get a stipend from the PBGC, and that's after putting in 35 yrs. If you think CMR's bad - try that on for size. Then there's TWA, BNF, EAL, and many more. No sooner do you land your 'dream job' than furlough notice arrives. Sometimes even 15 or 18 yrs isn't enough to protect you from that.

When you decide to make a career out of airplane driving you always have to prepare to roll with the punches; it comes with the territory and no one is immune.

The one thing guaranteed in this business is that it will change.

There is no doubt that these concessions and the loss of the "B" plan alter the reitrement prospects at CMR.

The way this company has going recently has definitely helped me decide to go with "plan B".

The way this company has going recently has definitely helped me decide to go with "plan B".

It doesn't seem like it can get much worse, so let's hope it will get better from here on.

In your avatar - is that a Beaver or an Otter? Alaska?

I think everyone knows that the 900 and the 705 are the same airframe but when the configuration is frozen and 76 seats it is a different designation and a different revenue stream. The 900 seats 86 passengers.

according to the Bombardier website, the CRJ-900 seats up to 90 passengers. The site even shows the seating configuration for that many people.

Latest resources

Back