• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair may be getting the Dork Jets.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surplus said, "In this case we have a somewhat different idea of how best to get there."

Unfortunately it seems that you and I differ in our ideas more often than not these days.

Regards.

FurloughedAgain said:
Unfortunately it seems that you and I differ in our ideas more often than not these days.

Regards.
If that is true it would indeed be unfortunate and I certainly regret it. You're an asset to our group and I would hope we could avoid differences. Our unity is our strength.

Sincerely

if the crj 70 is a "cadillac", does that make the emb-170 a "bentley"?

i commute on the crj 70 a lot, and it is no cadillac...

regardless, i would love to see more on the property.

Anaconda said:
if the crj 70 is a "cadillac", does that make the emb-170 a "bentley"
QUOTE]

No the EMB-170 is a carreer killer.
Just my screwed up opion though. Be kind to me :eek:

Jobear

We want the dork jet flying, not the airframes themselves. I think some type of lease swap with Bombardier would be best, if a deal could be worked out.

If not, I would be in favor of the Dork jets coming to Comair as long as a reasonable payscale is in place. It would mean more upgrades, more lines, and more opportunity for pilots to get off reserve.

The dork jet has its problems, but they are well documented. ACA and Skyway have operated the jet for some time now. It's costs and capabilites are known values. We have some very intelligent managers at Comair. I'm confident they would not bring on the aircraft, if it could not be operated successfully.

Capt. Over said:
They're putting the FAA approved Mod. on it for the installation of several MKE Yellow Pages on the left seat to get you up over the glare shield!

I've been waiting for MX to finally add that mod to the Do Jet! Maybe some of the Captains will let me actually land the plane now that I can see out the front window. I previously thought that when I upgrade I'd have to do S-turns when I taxi like a DC-3.

Propsync said:
My rumor is Midwest is going to spin us off. The new carrier will be called thirtyforty. Mesaba, Shuttle America, and Colgan, along with Skyway to create a 30-40 seat airline. Yes, the Avro's and 1900's will be gone, but think of the possibilities.

I like your rumor. If that doesn't happen how about we talk to management about creating a merger with Lakes, Gulfstream, Colgan, Air Midwest (Jonny O. won't miss them....he want's 737s!!), and Tab Express. It would be an all 1900 airline called Beech Express. We'll fly to Florida and Mexico with ample headroom and cushy leather seats. No flight attendants and we could maybe even have the FO's pay for their time. Just think of the possibilities.

I wonder what will happen in a couple of years when Delta decides to shelve the Do Jets (Assuming of course they want to I think they do). No disrespect to the Skyway folks but what will happen to you????

standaman said:
I wonder what will happen in a couple of years when Delta decides to shelve the Do Jets (Assuming of course they want to I think they do). No disrespect to the Skyway folks but what will happen to you????

That's kind of a crappy question, really. Who knows. I guess we'll see in two years. I didn't think two years ago Trans States would get United flying. I didn't think ACA would start their own airline two years ago. I NEVER thought we would get any more airplanes, much less for Delta. We have jungle jet deliveries set for first qtr. 2006. Sure, they've been pushed back twice, but again? Maybe we'll take deliveries of 145's for Delta maybe 170's for Jet Blue, who knows?

BTW, the last thing Delta will do is give Comair more control in CVG. I fully appreciate what Comair did to get their contract, but I don't see them giving any more than the remaining 700's on order. Management has gotten smart about breaking up flying in their hubs. More carriers= less disruption during a strike.

Also, Capt. Over is just bitter. He's 5-5, I'm 5-5, I just make more money, and getting PIC time in just one type rating. Not like his 0 PIC with, was that FIVE types? Anyway, don't you need those phone books back, Capt. Over? Isn't it about time to change jobs again? The only guy in aviation that races himself to the bottom.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back