Comair LEX Criminal Negligence

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buscap

I heard a rumor comair was found Criminally Negligent in the LEX incident. I honestly am wondering if any word of this is floating around Comair.

I had no idea any of the court cases had gone this far already.

Well, I can't find it.

I hope it's not the case. Something like that could wipe out the company. Those guys have been box-kicked enough lately.

I heard a rumor comair was found Criminally Negligent in the LEX incident. I honestly am wondering if any word of this is floating around Comair.

I had no idea any of the court cases had gone this far already.

Wouldn't there first have to be a charge of criminal negligence, followed by maybe a trial?

All of the cases by the families have been settled. The judge did not "find" Comair criminally negligent... only that the families could try and sue for criminal negligence which would open up the possibility of the punitive damages if a jury found so fit.

However, Comair's outside law firm settled 47 of the 49 shortly thereafter. One fired their lawyer and settled latter. One more thought they could hold out for more.... they have since settled.

So whatever rumor you heard, it is not true.

Last edited:
All of the cases by the families have been settled. The judge did find that the families could sue Comair management for criminal negligence thus opening the "punitive damages" last summer. However, Comair's outside law firm settled 48 of the 50 shortly thereafter. One fired their lawyer and settled latter. One more thought they could hold out for more.... they have since settled.

So whatever rumor you heard, it is not true.

Thanks for that information.

Perhaps this board can be redeemed.

Well, I guess if I stay off the sauce while posting.

How is the FO from that accident doing? God Bless him.
He has been fairly quite, I heard he was out of the hospital, and doing alright. However I can not imagine being him, and having to think about what had happened, and all the people that were killed. Not a position any of us would want to be in.

Latest resources

Back