• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Comair LEX Criminal Negligence

buscap

Total Time
I heard a rumor comair was found Criminally Negligent in the LEX incident. I honestly am wondering if any word of this is floating around Comair.

I had no idea any of the court cases had gone this far already.

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time

buscap

Total Time
Well, I can't find it.

I hope it's not the case. Something like that could wipe out the company. Those guys have been box-kicked enough lately.

flyboyike

Urban Legend/Rural Myth
Total Time
I heard a rumor comair was found Criminally Negligent in the LEX incident. I honestly am wondering if any word of this is floating around Comair.

I had no idea any of the court cases had gone this far already.

Wouldn't there first have to be a charge of criminal negligence, followed by maybe a trial?

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Total Time
>7000
I think that would be a tough one to make stick.

Broke in CVG

Broke AGAIN in CVG!
Total Time
Life
All of the cases by the families have been settled. The judge did not "find" Comair criminally negligent... only that the families could try and sue for criminal negligence which would open up the possibility of the punitive damages if a jury found so fit.

However, Comair's outside law firm settled 47 of the 49 shortly thereafter. One fired their lawyer and settled latter. One more thought they could hold out for more.... they have since settled.

So whatever rumor you heard, it is not true.

Last edited:

buscap

Total Time
All of the cases by the families have been settled. The judge did find that the families could sue Comair management for criminal negligence thus opening the "punitive damages" last summer. However, Comair's outside law firm settled 48 of the 50 shortly thereafter. One fired their lawyer and settled latter. One more thought they could hold out for more.... they have since settled.

Thanks for that information.

Perhaps this board can be redeemed.

Well, I guess if I stay off the sauce while posting.

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
How is the FO from that accident doing? God Bless him.
He has been fairly quite, I heard he was out of the hospital, and doing alright. However I can not imagine being him, and having to think about what had happened, and all the people that were killed. Not a position any of us would want to be in.

erikgigem

Total Time
How is the FO from that accident doing? God Bless him.

And lets also have God bless those poor families of the passengers now deceased. Let's remember them by our commitment to safety and being professional as these people trust us with their lives every flight.

Last edited:

cksport

Total Time
none
All of the cases by the families have been settled. The judge did not "find" Comair criminally negligent... only that the families could try and sue for criminal negligence which would open up the possibility of the punitive damages if a jury found so fit.

However, Comair's outside law firm settled 47 of the 49 shortly thereafter. One fired their lawyer and settled latter. One more thought they could hold out for more.... they have since settled.

Do you know when the last settlement was? I was under the impression as of the March 10, 2009, there was still one lawsuit open. As for the criminal negligence rumor....it's just that....rumor.

Seaknight1

Total Time
Do you know when the last settlement was? I was under the impression as of the March 10, 2009, there was still one lawsuit open. As for the criminal negligence rumor....it's just that....rumor.
All lawsuits were settled as of August 2008.

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
Delta psych eval statement: I don't beat my wife anymore. Proper Delta pilot response: I don't beat the ----- any less either, GDI!

flyboyike

Urban Legend/Rural Myth
Total Time
Delta psych eval statement: I don't beat my wife anymore. Proper Delta pilot response: I don't beat the ----- any less either, GDI!

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

WayBack

Total Time
Lets keep those 10-9 pages out Comair.
I heard Delta is looking to furlough close to 2000 pilots. My guess is you'll be back on the street.
Glad those guys at Comair, ASA and PCL are secured in their jobs.

buscap

Total Time
Whomever hijacked my thread can just start kissing it!!!