Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair is not going down any faster than any other airline!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N813CA

Yeah buddy
I am tired of hearing this crap from the two people that think they know everything on this forum. All of the airlines are, or will soon to be furloughing . Unless you are top management of Delta which none of you are….. Stop with the rumors. Comair had their day in the sun for about 2 months when we were hiring like crazy, and we lost it. I am sad to say but it will happen at Mesaba and everyone else as well. Nobody knows what the outcome of Comair will be on this board. Neither do I, but to say it is over is a long shot.

I am tired of hearing this crap from the two people that think they know everything on this forum. All of the airlines are, or will soon to be furloughing . Unless you are top management of Delta which none of you are….. Stop with the rumors. Comair had their day in the sun for about 2 months when we were hiring like crazy, and we lost it. I am sad to say but it will happen at Mesaba and everyone else as well. Nobody knows what the outcome of Comair will be on this board. Neither do I, but to say it is over is a long shot.

Two months of "Hiring Like Crazy" does not constitute a day in the sun. CA had their day in the summer of 2001, although you were probably in junior high.

Anybody who was paying attention back then knows exactly how DAL senior mgt (and pilot group) feels about CA...they have long memories and patience, I suspect they'll get you in the end.

this just in.............MESA SUCKS!

Rickair, go ban some 12 year olds on APC or something on your miserable purple plywood overnights you MAG Monkey!

Last edited:
Can someone briefly explain what the beef is between the Delta and Comair pilot groups.. I have a vague idea and nothing more.

Two months of "Hiring Like Crazy" does not constitute a day in the sun. CA had their day in the summer of 2001, although you were probably in junior high.

Anybody who was paying attention back then knows exactly how DAL senior mgt (and pilot group) feels about CA...they have long memories and patience, I suspect they'll get you in the end.

Thankfully, senior DAL management circa 2000-2001 is gone. They were just as much to blame (if you want to call it that) as anyone. Remember, negotiations were not going too well at Comair or Delta back then. I, for one, think Comair was used by the Mullin regime to show the mainline pilots that they were going to play hardball. A strike at a regional was much cheaper. Then they caved and gave both groups almost everything they wanted anyway. Would have been interesting to see how things would've played out had 9-11 not happened, thus no force maneure.
Maybe the whipsaw they got was worth $2 billion. Sure didn't do much for the DAL product (Freedom anyone?).

The bad blood between the pilot groups is a different story and obviously depends on your perspective.

Can someone briefly explain what the beef is between the Delta and Comair pilot groups.. I have a vague idea and nothing more.

When Delta furloughed over a 1000 post 911, they started parking planes. Comair was taking more and more RJs, bigger planes, and the Comair pilots figured they would go for even more. They tried to gut our scope protection so they could get bigger jets (737s maybe) and fly them for less money! The Comair MEC faught to keep any Delta furlough from coming to Comair unless we dropped our Delta senority number. They then stated that in the Comair MECs opinion that we could not fly together safely, unless we dropped our scope, then we could fly together safely. Then their was the billion dollar law suit and the formation of the RJDC! Their purpose, gut the scoope so Comair pilots could get bigger planes, make more money, have better quality of life, while Delta continued to get rid of our pilots. Comair is going away! I hate to see anyone go, but it is a fact! It will happen, and it will happen soon! Im sorry. But that is the way things are going down!

Acarpe... a post that didn't spew hatred and had actual points (although slightly skewed in your opinion) towards your argument? I would actually be willing to read your posts if the rest were like this. Congratulations good sir.

As a Comair furloughee in January myself, I guess you'll get your wish that we lose our jobs. I was not around during the time period you hold so much resentment for, but I have a question or two since your playing civil (for the time being.)

I'm assuming you were one of the 1000 furloughed, is that correct?

Couldn't you have gone to ASA or Skywest, or another Delta feeder that was hiring the furloughed Delta guys and then said F--- Comair and moved on with your life?

Latest resources

Back