Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair is not going down any faster than any other airline!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So wait... you left the industry to work for FedEx? (I'm assuming you weren't flying for them, because otherwise you wouldn't be back at Delta)

ASA was hiring Delta pilots at the time, why not go there? Why was Comair so important to you? If you never had any intention of going there (as you showed by leaving the industry), why hold such a grudge all these years? Leave that to the guys that got screwed. Just trying to understand what would posses you to say some of the things you have.

I really am sorry that you are going. It sucks being furloughed. Yes I was one of the furloughed pilots and I was out for 2 1/2 years. It sucked watching your Comair MEC make bad choiuce after bad choice. I know they knew what they were doing, and that is just plain wrong! When Captain Ford and all of his RJDC pals go away, it will be a good day in my opinion! Though my posts have been harsh, I apologize to you younger Comair pilots and I am sorry you got mixed up with such a rotten bunch of people!

I have seen Mr. Ford's "memo's" and the most recent one about flowthrough's is garbage. He either didn't have all the facts or he twisted them to suit his own agenda.

I hopefully will get a chance to question him on it fairly soon.

So wait... you left the industry to work for FedEx? (I'm assuming you weren't flying for them, because otherwise you wouldn't be back at Delta)

ASA was hiring Delta pilots at the time, why not go there? Why was Comair so important to you? If you never had any intention of going there (as you showed by leaving the industry), why hold such a grudge all these years? Leave that to the guys that got screwed. Just trying to understand what would posses you to say some of the things you have.

Fed-Ex was not hiring pilots at the time, and they would not interview furloughed pilots. If you got a job working in the hub for 12 months you could get an interview as an internal employee. I managed a couple of Mail Box Etc stores during the day and threw boxes for Fed-Ex until 4:00am! I did that for 14 moinths before I threw in the towel and went to work for an Oil and Gas Comapany!

Fed-Ex was not hiring pilots at the time, and they would not interview furloughed pilots. If you got a job working in the hub for 12 months you could get an interview as an internal employee. I managed a couple of Mail Box Etc stores during the day and threw boxes for Fed-Ex until 4:00am! I did that for 14 moinths before I threw in the towel and went to work for an Oil and Gas Comapany!
Pumping gas! I knew it! Or are you siphoning gas in the employee lot....Putz

I am tired of hearing this crap from the two people that think they know everything on this forum. All of the airlines are, or will soon to be furloughing . Unless you are top management of Delta which none of you are….. Stop with the rumors. Comair had their day in the sun for about 2 months when we were hiring like crazy, and we lost it. I am sad to say but it will happen at Mesaba and everyone else as well. Nobody knows what the outcome of Comair will be on this board. Neither do I, but to say it is over is a long shot.
I agreee, but I have to add:

ALPA Sucks!

I really am sorry that you are going. It sucks being furloughed. Yes I was one of the furloughed pilots and I was out for 2 1/2 years. It sucked watching your Comair MEC make bad choiuce after bad choice. I know they knew what they were doing, and that is just plain wrong! When Captain Ford and all of his RJDC pals go away, it will be a good day in my opinion! Though my posts have been harsh, I apologize to you younger Comair pilots and I am sorry you got mixed up with such a rotten bunch of people!
Holy Sh!t! I actually agree with you. See that was not hard we all hate the guys involved with those choices. Ford is Looney, JC may be the most hated pilot at Comair (unless you ask him). I have moved up 800 numbers in 4 years unfortunately the top 50 are still here!

I have moved up 800 numbers in 4 years unfortunately the top 50 are still here!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I moved up 258 numbers in one year and will be barely 15th from the bottom of what's left after the 1/19 furlough. Good times!

I'm close to a source who says that the only possibility that is closest to coming true is Comair and Mesaba merging. It could take a year or so and we could shrink more but that's what I hear.

Pumping gas! I knew it! Or are you siphoning gas in the employee lot....Putz

No, actually as a landman. I did a lot of research for leases, finding out who owns the land, who owns the mineral rights. It was a good job, I am still using those tools and investing in Natural Gas Leases. Paid a lot more than Delta, until Oil has taken a dive.

Latest resources

Back