• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

COMAIR is going DOWN!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are more than likely going to merge with Mesaba.

T

Even if that's true (I'd call it a definite maybe), that hardly means we won't see any more cuts, either pre- or post-merger.

Careful these comments won't help you as pilot, only stenghtens managements attempts to divide. You are right we are fully responsible for our scope. If not for our fight to keep major flying and pay scales many would never start a career in becoming an airline pilot. If not for the majors, I for one would never had worked for so many years with the attitude that all I want is to work for commuter pay and work rules. Could that have been all I ever had....Yup. Doesn't mean that's what I would have wanted from the get go. So go ahead and bash us and don't care. I am quite sure that was what you dreamed you would say years ago when you started.

No really, I really don't care. I'm not part of the Delta/DCI network anymore. I can say with full honesty that those who continued to vote to give away scope are absolute morons and that you should not expect any special treatment at other companies if it happens to you. You left the regionals for a major, you voted away scope, you rolled the dice. Now live with your decisions.

Delta is going to furlough sometime after the New Year. The caveat is that any company that has 76 seat planes will be required to allow furloughed Delta guys to flow back into those left seats. I bet none of the management types told you guys about that in regards to those shiny new planes.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey kid, stick to x-box and your ipod. Its quite obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about.

No really, I really don't care.
I'm not part of the Delta/DCI network anymore.
I can say with full honesty that those who continued to vote to give away scope are absolute morons and that you should not expect any special treatment at other companies if it happens to you. You left the regionals for a major, you voted away scope, you rolled the dice. Now live with your decisions.

Oh I see from your cessna time your left the airlines. I'm sorry I should have looked at your ac experience. Didn't make it huh? Well at least you tried. To be specific you were never a part of Delta. Good ridden cupcake.

BTW why are on AIRLINE forums....can't let go?

I see from your posts in the Fractional Forums that you work out of South Bend Indiana for a manufacturing co....you have an interest in being a professional pilot.

Now I can see why you don't care about guys getting furloughed from the airlines....misery loves company.

BTW I would rather be furloughed Delta than a failure like you. Please tell me how all the years in the regionals all you ever wanted was to go corporate. Have people done it? Yup. From reading your other posts I can tell that isn't the case.

Last edited:
You need to read the context of that post again. Try not to make too many assumptions, it makes your intelligence level seem a little low. There are plenty of ex-Delta and other major/legacy pilots where I work now. :) I'm not sure why you don't like me. I'm merely pointing out that your pilot group decided they didn't want to fly those little 76-seaters. You should be jumping for joy that your pilots won't have to fly those planes.

Man, what a crazy industry. To think if I got hired on to Comair a year ago, I'd be in no better shape now. Seems like you just can't win with this career path unless you get very lucky. I'm sorry to hear about all these bad Comair news and I really feel for all the pilots out there. Best of luck to all! I wish I could give you all a million dollars.

Prez today for Comair stated that the total additional reduction for ALL of 2009 will be 1.5%. I don't think that=100% with would equal "going down". Merry Christmas everyone.

Latest resources

Back