• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

COMAIR is going DOWN!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta, Northwest, Compass, Comair and Mesaba. All are owned by one and the same airline and all fly one product and that is Delta.

Mainline got some pay raises...

Comair is furloughing while Mesaba is hiring...

Comair is loosing airplanes while Mesaba is getting airplanes...

Any other union would not stand for this!

I just heard from the training dept. that we can expect another 40-100 furloughs in February.

I'll be furloughed Jan 19.

Comair wasing doing the same thing while our Delta pilots were hitting the streets post 911

Delta is going to furlough sometime after the New Year. The caveat is that any company that has 76 seat planes will be required to allow furloughed Delta guys to flow back into those left seats. I bet none of the management types told you guys about that in regards to those shiny new planes.

Delta is going to furlough sometime after the New Year. The caveat is that any company that has 76 seat planes will be required to allow furloughed Delta guys to flow back into those left seats. I bet none of the management types told you guys about that in regards to those shiny new planes.

I'm not naive, but you have absolutely no basis for this statement. Show me where DAL management, DALPA or NW ALPA said this?

There is no caveat, however, there is a flowback to Compass and (a handful to) Mesaba. There may or may not be a furlough at DAL, I still think it is unlikely. Things have been changing on an HOURLY basis depending on who you ask. But, one thing is sure, you don't know!

I remember US Airways putting furloughed pilots into the left seat of Republic 170's and Chautauqua 145's. Delta should work out a deal to do the same to Shuttle America 175's if Delta does furlough. Obviously, Republic's union would have to be involved, but it has been done before. Might as well do it again since the Delta Shuttle is blatantly being replaced with 175's. They are not even trying to sugar coat that one.

(5 years overdue contract signed) + (Performance numbers met/exceeded) = Zero CRJ 900's for ASA

It's all about the outbidding.

I remember US Airways putting furloughed pilots into the left seat of Republic 170's and Chautauqua 145's. Delta should work out a deal to do the same to Shuttle America 175's if Delta does furlough. Obviously, Republic's union would have to be involved, but it has been done before. Might as well do it again since the Delta Shuttle is blatantly being replaced with 175's. They are not even trying to sugar coat that one.

Yeah but the Delta pilots voted in outsourcing of larger aircraft to outside vendors. They didn't learn from last time. They knew full well this could happen. Who cares if they get furloughed.

Yeah but the Delta pilots voted in outsourcing of larger aircraft to outside vendors. They didn't learn from last time. They knew full well this could happen. Who cares if they get furloughed.

Careful these comments won't help you as pilot, only stenghtens managements attempts to divide. You are right we are fully responsible for our scope. If not for our fight to keep major flying and pay scales many would never start a career in becoming an airline pilot. If not for the majors, I for one would never had worked for so many years with the attitude that all I want is to work for commuter pay and work rules. Could that have been all I ever had....Yup. Doesn't mean that's what I would have wanted from the get go. So go ahead and bash us and don't care. I am quite sure that was what you dreamed you would say years ago when you started.

The MEC Chairman was invited by Delta a few weeks ago to attend a session in L.A. and they (Delta) paid his expenses. Of course this was re: Delta's merger with NW. We are more than likely going to merge with Mesaba.

T

Latest resources

Back