• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair IPO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spaceman the only thing competitive in the regional airlines is How low the guys at Mesa are willing to go to fly a plane. Listen I rather see Comair being purchased by Gulfstream Airlines than by Mesa any day. UBA757

uba 757 -

do YOU feel better now? Wow, you're so cool!:cool:

I'm not buying the "it's the people" argument. In a down and dirty, corporations fighting over millions of dollars worth of business, atmosphere like the one we are presently in - that's all you got? The People? Not buying it.

Oh, about the operational costs - if Comair's costs are so low then why isn't Delta giving all of their Regional business to them and keeping that revenue in-house?

I am NOT trying to insult (I have no bad feelings towards Comair or it's pilot group), or be argumentative...I am just trying to get a good answer from someone about why they believe Comair is such a good investment in THIS PRESENT BUSINESS ATMOSPHERE (not in a "my company is better than your company" - "my CEO can kick your CEO'S A$$" ((be my guest by the way;-)) kind of way).

SpacemanSpiff said:

I'm not buying the "it's the people" argument. In a down and dirty, corporations fighting over millions of dollars worth of business, atmosphere like the one we are presently in - that's all you got? The People? Not buying it.

Oh, about the operational costs - if Comair's costs are so low then why isn't Delta giving all of their Regional business to them and keeping that revenue in-house?

I am NOT trying to insult (I have no bad feelings towards Comair or it's pilot group), or be argumentative...I am just trying to get a good answer from someone about why they believe Comair is such a good investment in THIS PRESENT BUSINESS ATMOSPHERE (not in a "my company is better than your company" - "my CEO can kick your CEO'S A$$" ((be my guest by the way;-)) kind of way).

If you don't believe it's the people then what do you believe. It takes people to run an airline. If you don't have reasonable happy people you have ...well.. ASA..just kidding:D ..

Production is the core for any business. Reasonable happy people produce! This in turn reflects on every measurable catagory.

Sabe usted

SpacemanSpiff said:

Predictible response from a Mesa employee.

Spaceman in my opinion there are no airlines worth investing on right now. But we can only hope. Apart from SW, B6, Airtran and Continental the rest of us are just trying to survive. Your company can offer the prices it does because your pay sucks, your work rules suck and your benefits suck. Is it your fault, I dont know. Is it the fault of ALPA, I dont know that either but someone is to blame. Not too long ago the race was to see who could get the most amount of money from their respective company now it seems that the race is to see who can get the least and for some reason the guys at MESA are happy to be ahead in the race. My problem with MESA is that I will not work for the rules and wages that you are willing to work for and I know most if not all the pilots at CMR feel the same as I do. So I will answer your question very simply. My wages are better than most other regionals, my benefits are better than most other regionals and my work rules are better than most other regionals. ALL this means that my company is better than most other regionals. If you take a look at the XJET contract that was just signed last year you will see that from the first page on all it does is compare their contract to ours that means that other pilot groups that want to improve their wages, rules and benefits use our contract as the base for theirs and I think that makes our contract and our company better than most. UBA757

In the middle of all of your ranting and raving about how your company is so great are a few intelligent items.

Your first sentence:

"in my opinion there are no airlines worth investing on right now."

Now that I can agree with, at least as it applies to Comair or any Regional at the moment.

Now on a completely different topic - that of our companies and CBAs:

You also said - "Not too long ago the race was to see who could get the most amount of money from their respective company now it seems that the race is to see who can get the least..."

So, in other words the market has changed or it changes. Familiar with the real-estate market at all? I don't know much myself, but I do know that there are shifts in the value of homes and properties. Sometimes it is a buyer's market and sometimes it is a seller's market. It depends on a lot of variables. And the market in one area may be markedly different than in another area. Your contract was signed pre 9/11, probably before you worked there. Ours at Mesa was signed post 9/11 and under very different circumstances. I don't have time to fill you in on all of the facts and besides, you have already made up your mind that you are "better" anyway.

SpacemanSpiff said:
In the middle of all of your ranting and raving about how your company is so great are a few intelligent items.

Your first sentence:

"in my opinion there are no airlines worth investing on right now."

Now that I can agree with, at least as it applies to Comair or any Regional at the moment.

Now on a completely different topic - that of our companies and CBAs:

You also said - "Not too long ago the race was to see who could get the most amount of money from their respective company now it seems that the race is to see who can get the least..."

So, in other words the market has changed or it changes. Familiar with the real-estate market at all? I don't know much myself, but I do know that there are shifts in the value of homes and properties. Sometimes it is a buyer's market and sometimes it is a seller's market. It depends on a lot of variables. And the market in one area may be markedly different than in another area. Your contract was signed pre 9/11, probably before you worked there. Ours at Mesa was signed post 9/11 and under very different circumstances. I don't have time to fill you in on all of the facts and besides, you have already made up your mind that you are "better" anyway.

I don't think uba757 is saying that we are better, only that we work under a "better" CBA at the moment (although IMHO, all regional contracts suck). The problem increased exponentially, though, when the original Freedom was started. That backed you guys into a corner, forcing you to sign a sub-par contract, and now we are all feeling the effects. Bedford at Chautshuttlepublic copied the play and now Trans States is doing the same thing with their Go Jet experiment. I don't feel any resentment toward any MAG pilot EXCEPT the 73 or so morons that crossed to Freedom and started this mess to begin with (hopefully Karma will get their sorry butts). I think we are all intelligent enough to draw similar conclusions no matter where we work and realize that we're all just pilots trying to keep our jobs in a dying industry.

Latest resources

Back