• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair IPO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they file BK, the lease payments go away period... Not really a big issue..

You stated that DAL was paying them while they collected dust, and that is incorrect.

spinproof said:
Yeah I bet those same managers are kicking themselves in the butt for paying you 30% more than they had to for years!!! Don't be so giddy at someones pending future. It just might not work out the way you wish! The road to recovery is one step at a time. You might want to consider that an IPO would be in YOUR best interest also!

I think it would, but I don't see an IPO happening. I see this all happening in the very near future, and may be donw in court. If that is the case, then we ALL will take pay cuts, and then Comair may have some major changes. We also will probably accelerate the fleet simplification--with the parking of unprofitable aircraft, like the 732/733 and 762. Comair may lose a bunch of RJs that we don't want. Do I sound giddy at the prospect of another pay cut? Nope. Did we deserve the 30% raise we got in the C2K contract? Sure, at the time we thought we could afford it. With gas this high, we can't afford a lot of things right now, including Comair's rates. (compared to the rest of the regionals) That is the way it goes, unfortunately. We all will pay.

Bye Bye--General Lee

comrcap said:
And part of the MESA deal is that the DOJET deal is void in BK. And as far as an IPO, whatever COMR realizes, holding back shares is a way of maximizing value. Consider this. These are the same boneheads that lifted their fuel hedges BEFORE they used their fuel. This contradicts the fundamental tenents of commodity hedging. And that is, Lift the hedge when you buy/sell the product. They tried to "leg out of their hedge" and got caught in the switches. DAL risk MGMT took it in the shorts.

Our CFO sold the fuel hedges for an $83 million profit, which resulted in an extra loss of $632 million for that year. She then took her retention bonus, and went to an engery company based in ATL already in Chap 11, and 6 months later petitioned the court for bonuses for management at that company while in bankruptcy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

there is no profit in hedging by definition. They took their eye off the ball and thought they were smarter than the market. She cost DAL 800 mil+

i believe they entered into heating oil futures instead of jet A, citing a beter market. I do not think that Comair RJ's will be going away anytime soon, that is, if Delta wants to fill its big planes out of JFK, BOS, CVG, MCO and if they want to make a profit out of routes into places such as LGA that bigger airplanes are not able to handle. Comair was #3 in on time performance for may and June and they fly into high density airports often. Why would Delta want to stifle such an assett? Where was ASA? toward the bottom.... so you make the call mr. manager, who do you sell and who do you keep? I bet Delta will post an operating profit for this quarter, even with fuel sky high..... that does not mean they are out of the woods over the next two quarters so something more will have to be done.

I think there is some insight to the initial post in this thread. The man's right, everyone on Flightinfo heard it here first. But everyone at Comair should already have an idea of what the upcoming days will bring. It's quite exciting, actually.

spinproof said:
Yeah I bet those same managers are kicking themselves in the butt for paying you 30% more than they had to for years!!!
Well said! I never understood how mismanagement didn't act more aggressive like AMR!

Don't be so giddy at someones pending future. It just might not work out the way you wish! The road to recovery is one step at a time. You might want to consider that an IPO would be in YOUR best interest also!
I agree as well with finding joy in someone's demise! The cmr folks(not all, but some) have been giddy over the fact that we have been furloughing and they have been hiring over the past. I don't believe, however, that an IPO is the answer to our problem. cmr's rj's are carrying an enourmous amount of debt and when they are sold to mesa (like we have been hearing) I just hope that their debt goes with them.
just my .02

The cmr folks(not all, but some) have been giddy over the fact that we have been furloughing and they have been hiring over the past

Where have you heard this giddiness? I'm sure there are a couple boneheads that think like this, but I don't believe the majority of CMR pilots have ever even thought this.

In the year and a half I was at CMR, I never heard anyone "happy" that DAL had guys on the street. Making fun of your constant wind checks, now that's another story.

Good luck to all!

Will your fuzzy mascot R.Jay be spun off as well? Does he have a future on Sesame Street? Fraggle Rock? Muppet Show - The Next Generation?

737 Pylt said:
I agree as well with finding joy in someone's demise! The cmr folks(not all, but some) have been giddy over the fact that we have been furloughing and they have been hiring over the past.

In journalism, this is called "spin," or more specifically "downright false." I have never ever heard of a Comair pilot or any other pilot happy that a Delta pilot was furloughed. If you're looking for someone to direct your frustration at, turn to that big building in Atlanta with the widget on it.

Latest resources

Back