Comair IPO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
up to 100 of your RJs may be parked since GE has been ramming them down our throat due to their financing agreement.

Not knowing anything about the GE/Delta financing agreement, I still have to ask:

How is expecting the customer to pay for the airplanes they've ordered considered "ramming them down (their) throat"?

General Lee said:
Really? That's not what Grinstein said at Incommand two weeks ago.

General....... Is it true??? Am I reading this right???? when did you begin driniking Grinstein's coolaid? You sound like you bit the big one....... "Yeah, and Grinstein also said that I was gonna only have to take a 25% paycut this time.." I can her you now. Don't start believing everything you hear, that will get you in trouble...Ask the CMR pilots...or maybe just ask your MEC Chairman.

Waco

Waco,

I read the notes. Whether or not it happens is up to one guy. I have no access to the boardroom, but I have big ears..... I am not giddy about any of this. I have watched DL go from a great airline to an airline on the brink. Not fun.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I don't know, I sorta agree with the original post. An IPO would actually be very beneficial for Delta. 51% ownership of Comair in stock, nice stuff to have in your back pocket when dealing with financing....Comair profits, stock rises..........Delta has more in it's back pocket to play with........I wouldn't discount the idea if I were you....right now, is a pretty decent market for IPOS.....of course, the market is entering a slight downward trend at the moment.....so who knows if the climate for IPOS will be ideal at the time Comair is an IPO.........food for thought....

RichO said:
I don't know, I sorta agree with the original post. An IPO would actually be very beneficial for Delta. 51% ownership of Comair in stock, nice stuff to have in your back pocket when dealing with financing....Comair profits, stock rises..........Delta has more in it's back pocket to play with........I wouldn't discount the idea if I were you....right now, is a pretty decent market for IPOS.....of course, the market is entering a slight downward trend at the moment.....so who knows if the climate for IPOS will be ideal at the time Comair is an IPO.........food for thought....

Help me understand this...Comair profits? Comair's profits come from a generous fee per departure contract with Delta, correct? When Delta declares bankruptcy, do you think that this contract will continue to be so generous? I could easily be missing something, but this does not make any sense to me.

General -

I am not familiar with GE's financing at all, but I thought I read a post from you the other day that GE had an agreement that DAL would offer CMR up as an IPO if Delta went into BK.

Then, wouldn't it be very possible to see the IPO happening soon? Unless a deal with Mesa (or someone else) is really in the works.

Anyone here care to comment on why Mesa will not be buying Comair? You'll know if you were in the G.O.'s cafeteria about 2 weeks ago when FB was doing his Q and A period.

chperplt said:
Isn't Mesa paying those leases?

Yes.

But only until Delta does the BK dance. (it's a very fashionable dance lately)

DGdaPilot said:
Anyone here care to comment on why Mesa will not be buying Comair? You'll know if you were in the G.O.'s cafeteria about 2 weeks ago when FB was doing his Q and A period.

Care to expand on that for those of us that were not there?

FB said he received a call from JO about buying Mesa. FB's words to everyone in the cafeteria was that he told JO that he'd "kick the sh!t out of him if he tried to buy Comair." And that's coming from a former Air Force Academy boxer/football player. I'm sure he could do it. haha

Latest resources

Back