Comair Info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hovernut-

Would you like your sim partner to promote your bad v1 cut on this board? If the total time you posted is accurate, it looks like this is your first time in Part 121 training. You should remember that this is a small community. What happens in the sim is between you, your partner, and the sim instructor, it doesn't need to be discussed here.

Hovernut,
Sorry, but I have to agree with p.b. That is kind of rude. It seems like your female bashing. You better hope you don't fly with "iron tits" if that is how you feel.

haha i flew with irontits.....i'll be calling in sick next time..

Tanker Toad,

I am a fellow tanker toad guy who just retired. To get on with Comair did you know someone there? What did you do for the interview...did they like your tanker time? How did you apply and how long did it take? Any info you have would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hay Hovernut
Congrats on your checkride. I think you are the guy who jump seated on 2 of my sims, RMEMBER ME? But don't worry i would'nt tell the whole world how your training went and what ppl had to say about you. I know you are happy to have the training behind you but pls watch what you say. Its a small world my frined. See you online and I really hope your wonderfull sim partner makes it through as well. I am looking forward to see her online. Adioz

Getting the Interview

Watcinco,

If you read the 4th message down on the following link, it should answer most of your questions:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12746&highlight=comair

If you haven't already booked yourself to go to the Air Inc Conference in Dallas on Jan 25, consider doing it on Monday. I was offered an interview on the spot with Air Inc and I think most people with whom I interviewed with a month after the Air Inc show, also only had contact with Comair via the Air Inc Job Fair. Yeah, it might be a scam, but it makes a huge difference for military guys like us who have no civilian contacts. BTW, if you haven't already been, Air Inc offers a good military transition class the day prior in the same hotel. Consider going....

Yes, military heavy time is very valued. Refueling an eight-ship formation of mixed fighters and heavies, overseas, in the weather, from possibly different countries is very complex, and I seemed to get "extra credit" for my military flying during the interview. Fortunately, I also wasn't asked any questions I didn't already know during the interview. It was a breeze, but I was also prepared! I hate to sell you Air Inc stuff, but I use their books and counseling service on nearly a daily basis.

I made the decision to separate VERY late in the game. I didn't even have my military equivlency done 3 months ago!! I since did that, did my Class I physical, got my ATP, went to the Job Fair, interviewed with Comair and others, have done all of my back ground checks -- all while doing my desk and flying jobs in the Air Force!

I've gotten other offers, but have decided to go with Comair. I did the telephone interview prep for them with Air Inc and Air Inc had me fully prepared. I also studied the gouge on Aviation Interviews.com. It's been a tough 10 wks, but I've landed a flying job in a very tough market, starting my Military Transition VERY LATE, and feel proud to be with Comair.

In the meantime, I'm studying 737 stuff now -- I'm getting my type rating next month, because it free (GI Bill and WIA). I may never use it (everyone thinks you're going to SWA if you get a 737 TR, but it ain't true), but it's just one more thing to add to my ticket. Besides, I have to do something while I'm waiting for my Comair class.

Lastly, once you get the interview, be confident and enthusiastic. And don't walk in with the attitude that you're overqualified and they should just hand you the job. You may get a rude awakening! Be enthusiastic, positive, yet humble. An employer wants to see that. Comair's a great company to get on with now. They're expanding rapidly and new hires have much upward momentum.

Best of luck.

P.S. -- if you haven't already been to Men's Warehouse or where ever you shop for clothes, remember to update your business suit for a Pilot job fair or interview. "Blue suit, red tie." I can't tell you some of the ghastly attire I saw at the Oct Job Fair. Yikes! When the person you're shaking the hand with evaluates you in about 5 seconds, the last thing you need is for them to be staring at the BROWN suit and tie you wore when you got married 10 years ago. Yeah, you're a pinguin and look like everyone else. But let your ATTITUDE stand you out from the crowd. Say it with me: "Blue suit, red tie", "Blue suit, red tie" ... :)

Cheers

seeing as how i know the f/o personally that hovernut is talking about, i'm sure she will be less than thrilled to hear him talking about her on the internet...i think you could have stated that just a little bit better dude...

...takes marbles and goes back home...

It is so hard to convey feelings across these short printed words. So often they are taken the wrong way. I have nothing but the highest respect for my sim partner, we worked d-a-m-ned hard together, but things just didn't work out. I wish I han't made any gender reference in my posts, either; again, people reading something into my post that's totally off the wall.

All's I simply wanted to get across is the fact that Comair's training department is TOP NOTCH and goes to great lengths to get people through successfully.

p.b. yes, it was my 1st 121 training and I might add that it was awful demanding. I might also add my v1 cuts are pretty decent! Nothing like the smell of hydraulic fluid in the morining!

Last edited:
Hover - diarrhea of the mouth is an awfully bad thing in this business. I would take a deep deep breath and check the "good job self" attitude asap. A little humility will go a long way and remember, there are 1500+ other guys/gals who passed their checkrides too.

What happens in the sim stays in the sim....kind of like mexico. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back