Comair Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shogun

I have heard from my friend that Comair has started hiring. Is this true? I had interview set up with them in October, but was cancelled, and they told me they will call me when they start hiring. But, have not heard from them since then.

Anyone in the same situation as I am in?

My companies ALPA council posted Comair hiring 35 pilots a month and taking delivery of upto three jets a month, indefinitely begining in January. Anybody else conquer??

conquer

I have the same info. Hiring the most qualified laid off RJ pilots first then same old 135 and instructor people like me. Info came from their HR office.

it's good to hear that they started hiring. I had 2200TT/500ME when called for interview in Oct. Looks like there will be a high competition.

Someone posted their interview experience over at aviationinterviews.com. I believe their interview date was 12-05. Good to see they have started interviewing again. I have two friends who were scheduled for October 3rd interviews. They were both canceled and as of now I don't believe thay have been rescheduled. Another friend spoke with a recruiter at the Washington job fair a few weeks ago and was told that Comair would hire 90 in January, that number sounds quite high, but who knows? I have been told by HR they still expect to hire 400 in 02' even with such little attrition. The interview experience is very positive and profesional and the company appears to be headed in the right direction. The first year pay will be a real struggle. Good luck.

Peter North said:
Another friend spoke with a recruiter at the Washington job fair a few weeks ago and was told that Comair would hire 90 in January, that number sounds quite high, but who knows? I have been told by HR they still expect to hire 400 in 02' even with such little attrition. [/B]

I was told up tp 450 to be hired in 02'. Also 5 classes of at least 12 pilots each in January. This came directly from one of the CVG Chief Pilots in a meeting I attended last Friday along with 5 other of my classmates as we prepare for IOE. The first two 44-seat airplanes also came on the property last Friday. First 70 seater in the summer. The overall mood and outlook seems VERY optimistic right now. This is definitely the time to get in!

Yes, Comair is hiring. We have new-hire classes in session right now, and they are interviewing, right now. I'm sorry about the first year pay, but try to remember that it's about ten thousand dollars higher than it was when I went through, and you no longer have to stay on training pay for six months due to all new hires going direct into the jet. Nobody has to train in the Brazillia first anymore, and for that you should be very relieved. We just got our first 40 seat aircraft, with the newly re-designed pax seats, the larger 3A1 engines, and 53,000 lb max gross. They should perform a bit better than the 50 seaters. Hope this helps you guys, and good luck.

Latest resources

Back