Comair Growth?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
best advice I got while interviewing:

no matter what airline you choose, at some point in your career, your decision will have been horribly, horribly wrong.

go on as many interviews as you can. pick the job that feels right for you. pay/growth/work rules/upgrade times are all likely to fluctuate from the time you are evaluating airlines...

jehtplane said:
You are right so we are only really gaining 25 airplanes. without concessions for growth. enough said.
You're right.....enough said (by you) You come on this forum and your first 4 posts are filled with some sort of invective over something you know very little about, and with a chip on your shoulder. Grow up.

jehtplane said:
Comair is growing alright, they got a whole 10 used airplanes for the concessions while ASA, who refused the RFP got 32 new RJ's, way to go Comair.........
Yeah, flying USED airplanes pays less money than flying them if they're brand spanking new and shiny. Get a life.

jehtplane said:
You are right so we are only really gaining 25 airplanes. without concessions for growth. enough said.

Man! you're doing it again.

25-7atr's=18 (12 more atr's to be gone shortly)
18-12=6

3 years without a contract.....me thinks we have given 3 years of concessions for 6 50 seaters....I'm starting to like CA's deal better than ours. Atleast they got 25 ADDITIONAL 70 SEATERS.:D

ohplease! said:
Man! you're doing it again.

25-7atr's=18 (12 more atr's to be gone shortly)
18-12=6

3 years without a contract.....me thinks we have given 3 years of concessions for 6 50 seaters....I'm starting to like CA's deal better than ours. Atleast they got 25 ADDITIONAL 70 SEATERS.:D

we are actually getting 32 new planes 32-7=25, the 7 additional were to go to skywest but now we are getting them. And nobody ever said we were getting rid of the 12 ATR's that I am pretty sure we own outright. if you like Comair so much. GO WORK THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Negotiating a new contract is not concessions. I do not think any airline has ever signed a new agreement the day after the current one , so is that a concessionary period? You have some serious Al Gore math going on.

captainv said:
best advice I got while interviewing:

no matter what airline you choose, at some point in your career, your decision will have been horribly, horribly wrong.

QUOTE]

LOL, that is true.
My theory in this job market is just go and hope.

Will you people just give it a rest. Sound like children. I should just let my 3 year old play on this board.

if i remember correctly, didn't Comair refuse 2 or 3 RFP wage cut proposals last year as well...... and how many planes did they get? zero. just a market correction on wages because of places like mesa and chq who decided to take growth for sub-par contracts. For what it is worth, mesa and chataq pilots will be at a major before any Comair or ASA guy (notice i did not say pilot) who started at the same time because they grew quicker and now have PIC time. So who will have more money when the retire? who knows.... depends what major they go to.

y'all feel free to spin your arguments whichever way you want.

a couple of years ago, Comair was in the middle of getting 30-some aircraft. ASA was getting a bunch too. Comair had already gotten rid of the Brasilia, so it was fleet growth. ASA still had a few left, so it was more fleet replacement. now with ASA's 25-odd airplanes, it's fleet growth, bringing them up to or close to Comair's fleet size. Comair may jump ahead briefly with the 10 CRJ-200s and the possibility of up to 25 new 70-seaters, but I imagine ASA will always be a similar size and will grow accordingly. You can bet they'll get a bunch of airplanes when the contract is signed, as I believe Comair did.

some of our 1- and 2-year FOs have bailed to go to CHQ and other places for a quicker upgrade. I hope they get it, even Comair's FO pay isn't much to write home about.

i wouldn't bet the farm on a quick upgrade. plenty of qualified guys on the market vying for jobs, 1000 jet PIC is hardly going to get the majors knocking on your door. on the flip side, a regional with strong pay/work rules isn't a sure bet either. ACA/Indy Air was a secure, top regional not long ago. either way, we all lose if our parent legacy carrier goes down the tubes.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back