• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair going west !!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two connection hubs overlapped now. I wonder when ATL and CVG will be also. Welcome to SLC. I believe you will find the natives friendly. You guys are really gonna like SBA in the summer.

...from Anaconda
this device is going to be used to get the CAA guys up to speed

I think the biggest hurdle is getting the flows/callouts/limitations/EPs down pat so they're 2nd nature BEFORE going to the sims. The grapevine lent us to believe those who had difficulty did so because they were weak in those areas. Heck, if CAA had access to just the FMS trainer program, and someone who could teach it, that would go a long way to introducing glass cockpit flying.

The Frasca looks like it'll do the job well, but it won't be anything like the CPTs in the training building or FSI. I just wish the CPTs had an operable ED1/ED2 display to mimic what the messages and system responses would be as you manipulated the switches on the panels. The autopilot/FMS/DAD panels work nicely with the FMS software, and it is a big help. Wish they gave us the CD to practice on the home computer!

People have built some amazing sims in their basements with EPIC cards that convert switch/dial positions to computer input. I'm sure we could get the overhead panel and the pedestal driving the EICAS. But that takes time and money. Hmmmm computer geek on reserve=time....money, however........

Russ said:
Two connection hubs overlapped now. I wonder when ATL and CVG will be also. Welcome to SLC. I believe you will find the natives friendly. You guys are really gonna like SBA in the summer.

CVG is already overlapped. ACA has been operating the FRJ out of CVG for quite a while and nearly doubled operations there overnight when we pulled out of LGA a few weeks ago. I do wonder about ATL.

Hovernut said:
...from Anaconda

I think the biggest hurdle is getting the flows/callouts/limitations/EPs down pat so they're 2nd nature BEFORE

yeah, you hit the nail on the head right there...that is the key, along with having a good attitude. comair seems to think that the lack of a "bridge program" like the emb-120 is hindering the training dept. i call bravo sierra on that, the crj is not that difficult of an airplane to fly, it's more like systems mgt. i found the brasilia to be more difficult to fly imho.

Hosed COEX said:
CVG is already overlapped. ACA has been operating the FRJ out of CVG for quite a while and nearly doubled operations there overnight when we pulled out of LGA a few weeks ago. I do wonder about ATL.

ATL is overlapped and getting more so with every new service announcement. We see a fair amount of Comair, though it is admittedly still a bit of an ASA fortress. However, I saw recently 3 Comair RJ's parked on our C24 gates, our best gates. Guess it isn't that much of a fortress any more.

Also, FYI, ASA has a limited presence in CVG now. Our ATR's are there going to a few destinations, though this was supossed to be only a temporary thing. We'll see about that. The operating economics of the ATR on those short hauls are tough to beat.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back