• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair going west !!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AFELLOW - This is going to be a long shot, but I think that re-fuel in OMA remark, was a joke.

ND, I really think he was serious. We could easily make it out there, but on bad weather days, where you need a little extra, an alt, and a 2nd alt. Probably wouldn't be able to carry enough fuel for any sizable # of pax and bags. The 70 would have no trouble.

So they'll probably have revenue flights like suggested to Omaha from CVG and then another revenue flight from there to SLC.

jet

Last edited:
NDPILOT said:
AFELLOW - This is going to be a long shot, but I think that re-fuel in OMA remark, was a joke.

i think he was serious too, after all he does have tons of experience with the company on which to base that remark...

will Comair have pilots based in SLC? or will it be a CVG-OMA-SLC trip day one, with subsequent days out and back to SLC, then home to CVG via OMA on the last day of the trip?

is it possible to fly direct SLC-CVG on Comair as of 1/28/03?

I agree with ASARJFO, When are we going to get more flying??? Everytime Delta announces more flights its Comair getting 90% and ASA getting 10%. Whats up with that??? Hmmm. could it be contract related?? However, we have gotten notice that we will have a 70 seater base in DFW starting in April.

(I say the above comment about Comair in good faith, not trying to start an issue, just an observation. Im glad for them)

utahpilot said:
will Comair have pilots based in SLC? or will it be a CVG-OMA-SLC trip day one, with subsequent days out and back to SLC, then home to CVG via OMA on the last day of the trip?

is it possible to fly direct SLC-CVG on Comair as of 1/28/03?

comair will not have pilots based in slc.

it is not going to be possible to fly non-stop (i assume that's what you meant when you wrote "direct") from slc to cvg as of the date you mentioned. one would have to stop in oma along the way.

the trips haven't been published yet so it is too early to tell what the schedule will entail for the crews...

Bailout,
I agree it seems that way, but it probly has something to do with us closing MCO.

Good luck with your talks, it aint no fun. I know it would of probably been impossible, but when ya'll started talks last Sept., what would of happened if you told mgt. you just wanted what Comair had?
If you got the contract done in a month, you would of been right on our heels for the next round in 41/2 years, and you know what that would mean. The ol 'portfolio fred" would have two strikes to deal with at the same time if they were not willing to negotiate in good faith.
I would never, ever want to go on strike again, but the company hates unions, and will do anything to post pone talks

refuel..quickturn..trains, planes, autos

....then RE-FUEL in Santa Barbara, and on to Hawaii!!! Yeah...(said with McCain cackle)

Get a load of this: Looks like JetDirect hasn't died yet...

Comair Aviation Academy Orders Frasca Regional Jet Device

Comair Aviation Academy, Sanford, FL has ordered a new Frasca Bridge Trainer (FBT). The FBT is modeled after Bombardier’s CRJ200 regional jet and is designed to provide EFIS, EICAS, autopilot and FMS training. This affordable and effective simulation device is intended to introduce pilots to today’s advanced flight decks. The FBT will include a three channel projected visual system, two-seat cockpit, dual flight controls, four-tube EFIS simulation, two-tube EICAS simulation, autopilot simulation, and a full navigation system. The FTB will use actual Collins FMS software allowing for FMS simulation fidelity that is identical to what the pilot will find in the aircraft during flight. (Nov. 12, 2002)

Here's the link

my understanding from the captains i've flown with that are involved in the hiring/training of new f/o's is that this device is going to be used to get the CAA guys up to speed before they get here so they don't choke when they get to the sim like they have been...confirm what you've heard?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back