• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

comair going bankrupt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once again, why does Delta say that they want less RJs then sign a contract that says the opposite?

This is just my WAG, but I think Delta plans on dumping a good portion of it's own RJs in BK. They obviously still needs the RJ lift. By signing a deal with Mesa, they can reduce their own expenditures while keeping the routes flying.

Sucks for CMR if it happens, but smart for DALs balance sheet.

more rumor-mongering...here goes!

What I have heard recently at Mesa is that Delta wants Mesa/Freedom (whatever) to fly E190's or 170's - lots of them. JO, however, does not want to fly the Embraers because he thinks the operating costs are more favorable flying the CRJ-900.

So it could all make some sense:

Delta files Chapter 11

All growth at Comair comes to a halt

Everybody except management takes a paycut at Delta and Comair. (after all we must retain those valuable management types or else the place might fall to pieces)

So long to those pesky DO-328 jets

All orders for CRJs are cancelled or switched to Mesa/Freedom/Chautaqua/???

New Contracts are signed for more outsourcing of Regional Jet flying

we'll see

Its not operating costs per se...JO couldn't get a 170/190 if he tried. Thoses A/C are locked up buy Air Canada,CHQ for the 170's, and JB on the 190's.

Just how is it more favorable to fly a crj900 vrs a E190...at least the 190 can take off from PHX with a full boat and full load of fuel. Cant say that about the stretched challenger!

I could see Mesa getting a chunk of Comair (what is left) after a possible Chap 11. ( I have to say possible because it hasn't happened....yet?) Delta doesn't want to pay for RJs anymore, and they want to dump some debt and lease payments. So, they dump some Comair CRJs, and bring Mesa in to fill in. Delta doesn't have to pay for RJs, they have many airlines willing to bring them cheap lift instead. As far as the E170s and E190s, I don't doubt there will be more 70 seaters at least. As far as E190s, I don't think so. I bet a lot more CR7s, they seem to have the right lift ability in hot weather and high alt. The E170s and E190s might also be hard to get sice the back log of orders is probably really high. It would take a few years to get a lot.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It's amazing what people say they know, when none of them are obviously "in-the-know". Amusing to say the least. Keep it up boys, I'm just about to open another beer and some popcorn.

I wonder if there is a reason we all were hired as pilots and not aviation analyst???

Waco

JO won't get E-170's/190's for one main reason: Training cost. He hates the ERJ's too, and would get rid of them if he could. He wants one fleet and one training program for cost reasons.

Popeye0537 said:
Its not operating costs per se...JO couldn't get a 170/190 if he tried. Thoses A/C are locked up buy Air Canada,CHQ for the 170's, and JB on the 190's.

Just how is it more favorable to fly a crj900 vrs a E190...at least the 190 can take off from PHX with a full boat and full load of fuel. Cant say that about the stretched challenger!

Hope the 170 in Delta colors wins them over for many more

Latest resources

Back