Comair getting CASS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wedge

Just out from the Company: All IDs are to be replaced in preparation for CASS implementation in the next few months. A minor point of good news to follow the announcements the last few days.

"In the coming months pilots may once again have access to off-line flight decks when we activate CASS......"

Just as anything else at Comair, I'll believe it when I see it. Until then it's just rumor, but I like your optimism! ;)

Straight from the Chief Pilot 5 minutes ago: There's no "may". CASS is here. The money is already committed and we'll be approved to ride the jumpseat with other carriers as soon as the re-badging is completed (CP estimates 1-2 months). I asked him specifically if it might end up falling through and he said there was no chance. Take it how you will, but it sounds pretty positive amidst all the other not so positive things occurring in CVG.

Last edited:
C.a.s.s.

C.A.S.S. = Cut-up And Sold as Scrap

Management screwed U guys bad.....shows why, more than ever, we need a UNIFIED REGIONAL PILOT GROUP.........

I agree, unify!!! I don’t know why I’ll need a ride on another carrier. We Might not even have to go to work in a couple of months. I wish they saved they cash for something useful!

Wedge said:
Straight from the Chief Pilot 5 minutes ago: There's no "may". CASS is here. The money is already committed and we'll be approved to ride the jumpseat with other carriers as soon as the re-badging is completed (CP estimates 1-2 months). I asked him specifically if it might end up falling through and he said there was no chance. Take it how you will, but it sounds pretty positive amidst all the other not so positive things occurring in CVG.

Wedge, just a reminder, the Comair chief pilots also told the Comair pilot group that a DFW base was "for sure thing" back in 2002/2003. You know the rest of the story. Hope for the best expect the worse, then you'll never get caught with your pants down.:eek:

Wedge said:
Just out from the Company: All IDs are to be replaced in preparation for CASS implementation in the next few months. A minor point of good news to follow the announcements the last few days.

Dude, look at the back of your ID. Every ID expires in OCT. That is why they are replacing the IDs. CASS is on its way, but still will be a while, so don't hold your breath.

Good luck with that. I don't believe getting new ID's has anything to do with CASS, though I could be wrong. The big hurdle with CASS is the G0d da.mned TSA. They're holding up our CASS certification at AWAC for some arbitrary reason. We're all set up to do it right now apparently.

Agreed, the passport copies are for CASS. The re-badging timeline happened to coincide well for the process. The money is spent whether we think its worth it or not. 1-2 months (depending on TSA sounds like). Don't know how to make it any clearer than that. True about "planning for the worst." We seem to be getting a lot of practice at that lately at CMR.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back