• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Future Uncertain ... Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The U.S. Marshals were briefed to disarm the Comair FFDO's to reduce the risk of one of them from potentially going postal.

U.S. Marshall's? Why them, seems a bit out of the scope of their normal jurisdiction . ICE or one of the Law Enforcement Agencies that is under the jurisdiction of DHS. Something tells me that part is bogus with the rest of the post being factual.

Comair isn't the first airline to cease op's under the program and I don't recall hearing that those guys were disarmed.

U.S. Marshall's? Why them, seems a bit out of the scope of their normal jurisdiction . ICE or one of the Law Enforcement Agencies that is under the jurisdiction of DHS. Something tells me that part is bogus with the rest of the post being factual.

Comair isn't the first airline to cease op's under the program and I don't recall hearing that those guys were disarmed.

He probably meant the FAMS, the FFDO program is under their jurisdiction.

Funny FFDO's are the least of our concern's. Another job seems to be the leading concern these days! Funny how the company that is currently chomping at the bit for our airplanes has lowered their minimums! You just hired SB one of our flunkies who ruined our training department!

Riddle me this why is Comair and other DCI carriers are covering the newest low bidder's flying on a regular basis? Heck we are covering flying for another DCI carrier as well! The new kid on the block is bad for the whole DCI system.

So sorry for the people affected by this rumor, if true. I'm sure Gen. Lee must be very happy that so many will lose their jobs.
IMHO most of the blame for this lies with the snobs over at DAL, and their equally snobbish, elitist, and so called professional pilot group.
Should any of the comair aircraft end up at Go-Jets, I think I may vomit all over my computer. I know that a number of CMR birds went to ASA, but look where they eventually ended up - at the aforementioned scumbag airline, Go-Jets, the one that really needs to go away. Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later!
Maybe there will be a rescue package worked out for a sale, or merger, but who can buy, except maybe Skywest?
DAL certainly doesn't care as long as the financial bottom line suits them, and now they will tramp all over those who worked so hard to provide feed over several decades.
Hold your heads up high when you meet the next DAL pilot in the terminal as he passes you by looking at his shoes, because one of these days he will trip and fall flat on his face.

Best wishes to all, whatever happens!

Should any of the comair aircraft end up at Go-Jets, I think I may vomit all over my computer.

Start barfing now, because not only are some Comair aircraft already at GoJets, they are being flown by some former Comair pilots for half the pay.

DAL certainly doesn't care as long as the financial bottom line suits them, and now they will tramp all over those who worked so hard to provide feed over several decades.
Of course they will. And I don't think it's anything personal against a regional group, it's just business. The bottom dollar. Sorry, but the regional industry was never meant to support a cost structure of a super senior pilot group. Newer regionals will pop up (like Compass and GoJets) that have far lower seniority and far lower costs to do the same thing other regionals are doing: flying RJs across the country.

Latest resources

Back