• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Facing Reduced Flying With Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know what? You guys are right. I was a little hot blooded (and had probably one too many) after hearing all of the doom and gloom bad news yesterday. I got 4 phone calls by noon from friends within the company telling me what was being said and I let it tick me off. I re-read what I posted this morning and see it's quite harsh.

It's a good chance for some kids to have some fun, I know I would have loved to have the opportunity to meet some real airline pilots.

My apologies guys.

Way to "man up" Tristar, you're a classy guy.

Merry Christmas,

14RF SUX

ASA is in a similar situation...they are talking about (1st 4 months of 2008) company offered monthly absences where they dont pay you and you dont work for a month..like Delta's SILS.

ASA is in a similar situation...they are talking about (1st 4 months of 2008) company offered monthly absences where they dont pay you and you dont work for a month..like Delta's SILS.

Are they offering COMA? Or, are they thinking about it? I thought it said offered. I could be wrong though.

Source?

let me ask you all this. I know DL was talking about reducing our flying, but whatever happended to the part in the new agreement we signed that said.....

-we can't be reduced less than 90% of our current flying at the point DL exited BK

-------and------

-that we get a certain percentage of new flying (if any)

All I can say is that I've worked some crappy jobs in my life but none worse than my last couple of years at Comair. Sounds like more of the same now. The only thing worse is riding in the back as a customer.

Here's my take: It is not going to turn around guys. It probably will get worse. Get out as soon as you can. For those that stay, I understand and wish you the best. I bought their crap for a while and stayed too long too.

All I can say is that I've worked some crappy jobs in my life but none worse than my last couple of years at Comair. Sounds like more of the same now. The only thing worse is riding in the back as a customer.

Here's my take: It is not going to turn around guys. It probably will get worse. Get out as soon as you can. For those that stay, I understand and wish you the best. I bought their crap for a while and stayed too long too.

Amen, brother. Over 4 years and no upgrade in sight...feel like a fool for not leaving for Chautauqua about 3-1/2 years ago.

"Delta is pulling down overall block hours January - April so we may create COMA lines starting in February but no decision has been made. Personal leaves of absences may be easier in the first four months of the year"

"Delta is pulling down overall block hours January - April so we may create COMA lines starting in February but no decision has been made. Personal leaves of absences may be easier in the first four months of the year"

WTF is COMA?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back