Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Employee Accused Of Smuggling 14 Guns, Bags Of Marijuana On Delta MCO Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Changing the focus for a minute:

TSA's "spin" is that two Air Marshalls were on board, so everything was "okay".

Does anyone think that the Captain was informed in his/her role as Inflight Security Coordinator? (Doubt it!)

More importantly, how could ANY Captain justify taking off knowing these facts--I sure as he!l would not. I am paid to safely transport people, not play sting the bad guy.

It would appear that some federal agency (TSA, DEA, ATF, FBI) knew these facts and allowed the flight to proceed--and that is not acceptable.

IMHO, that is a much greater outrage than getting searched by the wand monkeys more often. Why hasn't anyone (ALPA?) mentioned this and gotten p!ssed?

"Passengers were never in danger, said Christopher White, a spokesman for the Transportation Security Administration Agency in Washington. "While we cannot discuss details of an ongoing criminal matter, no weapons were brought through the passenger security checkpoint and at no time were passengers in any danger," White said."

This is very presumptuous and just plain stupid. Because the weapons didn't go through security, everyone was safe? This is the kind of people we have running this place...very scary. In hindsight, people were in no danger, but who knows what this guys intent was before the fact.

This is pretty shocking! I have thaught that our security access is a big hole in the overall safety net! I am glad he did not use those weapons on his flight! On the bright side, I think this will help speed along the process of Delta dumping Comair. Our other DCI carriers will be able to do the job fpr Comair. i hope know one decides to turn this into a regional airline pay discussion. Call this incident for what it is, a dumb a$$ Comair worker breaking the law!

Yer lucky thaught yer mainline pay isnt based on you're level have education because I no you would starve for shure. Comair has there problems but look hoo ruins theem. Dumb a$$ Delta.

It is incredible that ramp workers don't pass through security at least as strict as that applied to pilots. The mind boggles.

It's already happened at DFW. We just got a new email outlining "enhanced employee security screening procedures" which includes random SECURE-SIDE inspections of ALL EMPLOYEE GROUPS (anal probing) and aircraft inspections, among others, because of this incident.

Thanks, a$$wipes.

I flew to Cancun out of Nashville on Sat. The plane we were taking was coming in from Cancun. Due to MCO we took an extra long customs inspection on that plane. They searched every checked bag with dogs and went over the whole plane with a fine touth comb. We weren't able to board till departure time. The flight the day before took an hour and a half delay due to the extra inspection.
Thanks dipsh@ts

I thought using your SIDA badge to avoid Security when Non reving was a fireable offence. Why "suspend" him?

Honestly, This could happen any where when you consider the general quality of rampers. At Fed Ex, at most sort facilties, you have to go thru the Metal detectors and X rays both coming and going. Coming in its for Guns, going out its for theft.

This is pretty shocking! I have thaught that our security access is a big hole in the overall safety net! I am glad he did not use those weapons on his flight! On the bright side, I think this will help speed along the process of Delta dumping Comair. Our other DCI carriers will be able to do the job fpr Comair. i hope know one decides to turn this into a regional airline pay discussion. Call this incident for what it is, a dumb a$$ Comair worker breaking the law!

I'm breaking out the BS code for this again. Do you really think the other airlines have a different breed working the ramp? American has never had any problems with their ramp in MIA, right? acarpe, you really need a reality check on this!:(

so as far as I'm concerned he's a Delta employee, thats whats on the side of the airplane, the pilot says welcome to "delta connection". How do they get rid of Comair, its part of the company. You just give it away like mainline pension.? Sure that'll help the company. Clowns....

Actually, yes. Delta has written the value of CMR down to zero on their books. And yes, they can afford to do that partly because the pilots gave their pension away.

Latest resources

Back